What is this for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbkk43f

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Just curious, what purpose does this serve? They appear to go into a recess on the underside of the hood, and are adjustable (vertically). I'm assuming they're some sort of bump stop for the rear of the hood, but metal on exterior metal doesn't seem like a good idea.

Thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Engineered into the middle of the underside of the hood structure is an indentation where the hood will bend.

You must be registered for see images attach
And just for fun it will bend there just from not keeping the hood hinges cleaned and lubricated

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
yup piss poor design for sure
Not piss poor at all,it saved people from serious injuries or death. What's piss poor is people think they can buy a car and not maintain it,and it should last forever and if anything fails its the engineers fault because, no one should be expected to do things to maintain their vehicles..

Last edited:

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
ill say it again piss poor design............. failed hoods every where...... you could say all that crap with there fuel tanks tooo .................look at what happens FIRE burn baby burn.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Yep safety in a what if situation wasn't near as big of a thought process 50 years ago heck until the late 60s if you lost hydraulic pressure to one braking component you lost ALL brakes period. Fixed in 1967 with mandatory dual circuit master cylinders, standard seat belts came not long after that,so someone designing a collapsible hood 50 years ago I commend them. Failed hoods everywhere? That means people everywhere don't maintain their hood hinges As for fires they met the standards for the time the were produced,and they certainly werent the worst of the bunch for fires.. And no one will believe the shocked look on my face when I found out 1973 TV models didn't play dvd's and weren't cable ready. Think about this,collapsible hoods on point fired trucks,I think that's incredible.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe