What Exhaust Set up are you Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I'm looking at getting a exhaust system for my truck i was wondering what you guys are running.

Headers, Mufflers, Tips, Turn downs, Straight Pipes etc.

I was was wanting to go with a deep throaty sound, probably Magnaflow.

I already have headman long tube headers so i was thinking about doing 2.5" tubing with duel 14" Magnaflows dumped right in front of the axle what do y'all think:driver:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Manifolds with 2" all the way out the back. I have glasspacks but i think they are pretty much hollow now.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
dual 2 1/4 pipes walker mufflers with down pipes whisper quiet is awesome.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I'm looking for some with little drone how's the drone on those

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
check out thrush welded mufflers i have them on my 71 c10 and my 90 jimmy

350 headers duel 2.5'' pipe dumped right past the rear axle on my 71 c10 deep throaty muscle car sound love them on it.

350 stock manifolds duel 2.5 pipe all the way to the rear bumper mellow at idle and normal driving but stomp on it and they come to life love them on it.

manifolds mellow the sound out alot headers sound more muscle car.

they are built like a flowmaster 40 series and sound similar but are half the price of flowmasters i paid 30 bucks a peice for the thrush welded mufflers.

i have flowmaster 40 series on my 84 jimmy 454 headers 2.5 pipe to rear bumper good rumble kinda loud but in a good way. love them on it.

and i plan to run flowmaste 40 series on my crew cab 383 headers with 2.5'' pipe dumped after the rear axle.

Attachments

• 289-17659.jpg
    289-17659.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 121

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Wow yep officially suck haha I meant drone

If Jake is talking about Walker quietflow 3's(turbo design, with internal hemholz resonator chambers), usually no drone with those, or power loss like some people think, being a stock replacement type muffler.

General rule of thumb with mufflers, the longer the case, the quieter, regardless of what the internal design is.
Round mufflers tend to be a little noisier than oval.
Best performance of course is from straight thru designs....No muffler MAKES power.
The quietest performance setup that I have ever tried, is a Flowmaster 70 series, with an 18" long 5x11 oval magnaflow mounted behind it.
Best droners are Flowmaster 40's, with 4" tips on the tailpipes

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I not the biggest fan of flowmaster personally I think they sound like rattling tin. There a kid at school that has flowmaster a on his truck they sound great but I really like that rumbly sound that comes from Magnaflow.
Seam like magnaflow would have lot less drone then flowmasters also that's my mine concern

Last edited:

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
check out thrush welded mufflers i have them on my 71 c10 and my 90 jimmy

350 headers duel 2.5'' pipe dumped right past the rear axle on my 71 c10 deep throaty muscle car sound love them on it.

350 stock manifolds duel 2.5 pipe all the way to the rear bumper mellow at idle and normal driving but stomp on it and they come to life love them on it.

manifolds mellow the sound out alot headers sound more muscle car.

they are built like a flowmaster 40 series and sound similar but are half the price of flowmasters i paid 30 bucks a peice for the thrush welded mufflers.

i have flowmaster 40 series on my 84 jimmy 454 headers 2.5 pipe to rear bumper good rumble kinda loud but in a good way. love them on it.

and i plan to run flowmaste 40 series on my crew cab 383 headers with 2.5'' pipe dumped after the rear axle.

Look just like flowmasters to. At 30 buck a piece it's almost worth just to try

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I not the biggest fan of flowmaster personally I think they sound like rattling tin. There a kid at school that has flowmaster a on his truck they sound great but I really like that rumbly sound that comes from Magnaflow

A couple of 11366's should fit the bill then. I think the Flowmaster Big block series are nice, compaired to the louder ones that have that "pipey" noise.
Personally, the only flowmaster I would use is the 70 series, because it is quiet, and has better flow than a Factory muffler. But for performance, you cant beat a straight through muffler.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
A couple of 11366's should fit the bill then. I think the Flowmaster Big block series are nice, compaired to the louder ones that have that "pipey" noise.
Personally, the only flowmaster I would use is the 70 series, because it is quiet, and has better flow than a Factory muffler. But for performance, you cant beat a straight through muffler.

Alright looks like I'm going with magnaflow then. What do you think would be best way to exit the exhaust dump it, out the back, or side etc

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Alright looks like I'm going with magnaflow then. What do you think would be best way to exit the exhaust dump it, out the back, or side etc

Thats really personal preference. I have always liked the exhaust outlets that peek out right at the bumper corners, or the 2nd gen Trans Am dual chrome tips after the wheels, and pointed outward a little.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
V8
Headman headers to dual Flowmasters, then all the way out back, side exits. :D

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Manifolds with 2" all the way out the back. I have glasspacks but i think they are pretty much hollow now.

Yessss! 2"! Betchya love that torque!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugRedC10