Wanting to add cassette player to my 86 k10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudIslandK10

Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So I bought this truck a few months ago and want to redo the stereo. Previous owner installed an aftermarket single din head unit and it currently doesn't work. Are there any good options for adding a cassette player to the truck? Or should i just try to find some old aftermarket one and rig it up?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
You could get a dash bezel out of a junker and buy one of the stock Delco radios. The sound quality is debatable, but if amped properly, it has the potential to sound nothing short of amazing. That's what I'm gonna do. I have that radio, and I'm gonna work with it and see what happens. They're authentic and cool looking, and it's really dependent on how much you want to spend by going that route, and if you're willing to sniff out deals so you don't spend too much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 171

MudIslandK10

Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You could get a dash bezel out of a junker and buy one of the stock Delco radios. The sound quality is debatable, but if amped properly, it has the potential to sound nothing short of amazing. That's what I'm gonna do. I have that radio, and I'm gonna work with it and see what happens. They're authentic and cool looking, and it's really dependent on how much you want to spend by going that route, and if you're willing to sniff out deals so you don't spend too much.

Thanks for sharing. Do you have a link or a name for that radio? I couldn't really find anything just by searching for delco radios.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Thanks for sharing. Do you have a link or a name for that radio? I couldn't really find anything just by searching for delco radios.

I just search "Delco Cassette Radio" and look for the one with all the dials and fat buttons that looks like the one I showed you. Here's a link for one on eBay. It's a bit pricey, but it's the exact radio. You could wait for a cheaper one. Or you could go to partshotlines.com and find one that way.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/GM-Delco-AM-F...evy-Olds-Buick-Truck-/262413933215?nav=SEARCH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes