Vortec heads- cold weather issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Well it has been slow going for me to swap out the manifold... but finally got it in.

picture.php

I had to get a taller neck on the thermostat housing to make room underneath for a 90* elbow to send coolant back to a 45* fitting next to the TBI. It then flows under the TBI, then up and out of another 45* fitting and then back to the water pump.

I also have a regular fitting on the other side of the intake manifold that goes to the heater core and then back to the radiator.

Also shown in this picture is the new improved throttle cable bracket. I couldn't find one of these last year. The one I was using was too flimsy.

Don't know how well it works yet- all I had time to do was start it up (it was 70 degrees here today) and check for leaks and set the timing. I need to fix a wheel bearing before I can drive it. (and 5 out of 6 of the allen bolts for my manual hub are seized).

What fuel injection set up is that?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
It is the Edelbrock E-Street system... first generation. They have a second gen out now that can do timing control.