Vintage VW Guy Now Has A Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've got a few of those worthless jacks and crank handles. I've thought, one of these days, I'd put them in a vice, and use a power tool to open then up all the way, give it a good lube, then bring it back down. Maybe the, it might work when I need it to.

I do have 1 spare tire carrier set up. Robbed it off a burt square that was nothing but a cab and frame left that was put in one of the tow auctions. Snagged that before the auction of course. It's laying out there in the garage. I figured I might use it in the C20 since both 20 gallon tanks work along with both gauges and the switch, so that truck won't be getting a rear tank. But, as bucket said, I rarely carry a spare unless I'm going on a trip, then I'll throw one in the bed. And of course I'm lying too. I rarely even through one in the bed. But, member that time I had the blowout in the K1500. For some reason that day, I was actually pulling out of the Cul De Sac going to my dads, and for some reason, thought to back up, get out, roll the spare from the backyard thru the house and put it in the truck for just in case. Then look what happened on the way home. Makes me think I shouldn't have loaded the spare, then maybe I wouldn't have had the blowout.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
My fleetside has a side mounted spare tire, it goes on the divers side of the bed, forward of the wheelwell. Doesn't take up too much space. It looks a little ugly with the tire sticking up but I'm sticking with it for the functionality.

You can see a picture at the top of page 3 of my build thread.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome.

For the spare, you could get one from LMC or go junkyard hunting. I thought stepsides had bed mounted ones anyway.

For the gauges, you could probably just paint that sheet steel and it will look pretty good. Those gauges will be more accurate anyway.

Looks like you have a great truck to start with anyway.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from N.E. Texas!!

AJ 3

Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have finally received my LMC catalog and I feel my credit card will be melting soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Villano