Venture a guess…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bet the toggle switch has control of the purple wire and is the starter disable or anti theft.
I also bet the other thingy is the manual choke lever.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
@Ricko1966 , it is a different language for sure. But one thing common to aviation and working on these old squares “oh crap” is a universal term for “what do we do now?”

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_5980.jpeg
    IMG_5980.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 23

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thanks y’all… no idea where the current engine came from… originally this truck was a diesel with two fuel tanks but now with the Rat installed (didn’t know that term until reading it here) it only has one gas tank on left side. Someone obviously did an engine swap at some point.
Maybe I missed something too? I'm not familiar with that term. Watch, I'm gonna feel stupid when I see it spelled out.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Maybe I missed something too? I'm not familiar with that term. Watch, I'm gonna feel stupid when I see it spelled out.
Rat? Super common reference to big block chevy engine family as whole just like people refer to small block chevys as mouse motors. A 265 is a mouse so is a 400 small block a 396 is a rat so is a 502

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Rat is an old school slang. When the small block Chevy hit the seen, the somewhat compact size of the engine was received well for it's power output. The stock car racers nick named it Mighty Mouse after the currently popular cartoon character. Later shortened to mouse.

Later when it's younger brother, the big block Chevy hit the seen, it's nick name Rat. Maybe only to distinguish between the two engine platforms. Rat, larger than a mouse?

wildgoose

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
You don't really think I read 5 pages of the bullstuff found on page 1 - do ya?
I’ve never had any post on the Internet get this much interest as having 5 pages… does this qualify as being what the young folks say is “viral”?

Elliot W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What transmission do you have? I have a toggle in that spot on mine. The previous owner went from three on the tree to floor mounted. The switch was for reverse lights. I replaced the transmission to one that has a reverse switch but kept the toggle in parallel so I can turn on the back up lights on demand too.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
What’s circled in yellow?

Circled in green is the horn button, accompanied by a toggle switch. Any idea what the toggle switch could be assigned to?
Well by now you should have figured out the knob that is circled in yellow... so what is it?

Or are you going to be one of those guys that abandons the thread and never reveals what is found?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli