Valve Body Help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garzas23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
First, i have a th-350c and have installed a transgo shift kit. My reverse was acting up. When i put it in reverse it would bog the engine then studder and die. But the forward gears worked perfect.

So i dropped the valve body to find the little piece (reverse boost valve) had slipped out of the aluminum boost valve sleeve and was slideing back and forth freely in the valve body cylinder. My question is, is it supposed to stay in the sleeve? And how? It seems that nothing is to stop it from moving around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 86

garzas23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Also, the transgo reprogramming kit came with the option of 2 springs for the pressure regulater valve, red or orange. It says the red is for street and heavy duty towing, and the orange is for competition. So has anybody ever used the orange? is it to hard of shifts? and will it cause long term damage?

garzas23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Fixed It!!!! It was the small reverse boost valve in the pic afterakk. I installed it correctly with the orange spring in the pressure regulator cylinder from the transgo kit and it working great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C30vet