Universal or specific cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero Hero

Reaction score
First Name
Zane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 ci/ 5.7 L
Going to get working on my custom exhaust soon so I started serving the Internet for parts. I already picked out cherry bomb glass packs and I need cats to stay legal. So I was wondering can I get a universal cat or is there a special one I have to get due to sensors or something?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Going to get working on my custom exhaust soon so I started serving the Internet for parts. I already picked out cherry bomb glass packs and I need cats to stay legal. So I was wondering can I get a universal cat or is there a special one I have to get due to sensors or something?
Universal free flow should be fine your truck should only have an upstream O2 sensor. If it had a downstream sensor you would need to restrict exhaust flow to the sensor but a pair of anti fowler inserts would do the trick. Worked on my Audi no cat and never had a code.

Zero Hero

Reaction score
First Name
Zane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 ci/ 5.7 L
How would I need to do my sensor if I'm doing true duals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod