Turn signal flasher sound not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blindbug

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 v8
so, my turn signals work, both back and front, but the audible sound inside the cabin doesn't make any noise. My emergency lights, when enabled, do make the sound inside the cabin as expected. Any idea what I need to replace to get the flasher sound again? I think it's a flasher unit and is round, but I'm unsure where it'd be located and what part to replace it with.

Thanks in advance.

Real8deal

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I’m pretty sure the unit is on the fuse board if I’m correct not entirely sure. It my truck does the same think doesn’t bother me though but I.D give that a check.

blindbug

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 v8
It doesn't bother me that much, but I'd like to not leave my blinker on for half my trip, like I did yesterday. lol. Besides, it should be a cheap fix I would hope.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
But the hazard sound works? I'd try replacing the flasher on the fuse panel first. It's gonna be a cylinder that has two prongs and plugs into an outlet on the fuse panel.

blindbug

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 v8
http://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/...rolet_c10_wiring_upgrade-stock_fuse_block.jpg

I found this picture of a c10 fuse block (as I am currently at work and can't take a picture of my own). I see that the "dir sig flsh" module is there in the bottom right. Are flash modules pretty universal, or are they specific to the vehicle? I was going to try stopping on the way home from work and pick one up.

My additional question is, why would my turn signals actually work but the audible click would not? Isn't the turn signal going through the flasher and turning on and off to turn the lights on and off, and thus the sound should also be heard?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
It's the flasher that makes the audible ticking. I replaced mine with a new one and it was barely audible.

There's several different flashers, the fuse box changed over the years, so the main difference between the flashers is the pinout locations.

blindbug

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 v8
This is now fixed!

It was indeed just the flasher module.

Here's the old flasher that I removed from the fuse box under the dash:
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the flasher that I picked up. Note that it's a "loud" version, which sounds much more like the originals.

Here's the location in the fuse panel where it is put in. The prongs are situated such that you can't put it in the wrong way.

As a bonus, on my 86 c10, note that my emergency flasher is not on the fuse panel, but instead to the right of the steering column. You can see it here in silver:

Thanks for he advice guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood