Traction Aid for 77 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS

one thing to keep in mind is they are not posi in reverse, I was going to put a tru-trac in my truck but when I was ordering parts from those guys they told me it will not lock up in reverse, so I went with an old school detroit locker as they lock up in forward or reverse.

Copymutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Somewhat downsized from tractor pull sleds, but the concept is the same. I built a roll in 400# weight sled for severe winter driving. Rolls in from my highway vehicle to my plow truck depending on which needs it. Locks in place w/ a bolt to a nut plate below the bed. An empty PU is at a huge disadvantage for traction.
You must be registered for see images attach

Normmus

Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected

one thing to keep in mind is they are not posi in reverse, I was going to put a tru-trac in my truck but when I was ordering parts from those guys they told me it will not lock up in reverse, so I went with an old school detroit locker as they lock up in forward or reverse.
eaton's website

The Detroit Truetrac is a helical-gear style, limited-slip differential that maximizes wheel traction and enhances driving characteristics. Maintenance-free, it features smooth, automatic operation in forward and reverse. Its versatility makes Detroit Truetrac the ideal traction solution for almost any type of vehicle.

I have one in the front of my truck. Never have had an issue with it- other than one time where my front left tire was off the ground. I could however "power brake" it, (hold the brakes and give it gas) to force the tire not to just spin and then it transfered power over to the other tire.

Your rear axle has a G80- that is a locker. Not the most graceful one ever made but I had one in my ZR2 and my 2003 2500HD. It would lock up when needed.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
thats interesting, i never read the eaton website, havent had an issue yet where it didnt work, i was concerned about getting stuck while stratteling snow berms while plowing, ocassionally I need to move a berm thats 4 or 5 feet high and have to strattle it to get the top part moved first, so far I havent gotten stuck yet to prove or disprove if the front will lock up in reverse, the guys at quick performance warned me about the tru trac, it could be BS, but the detroit was a little bit cheaper, the tru trac in the front is soo well behaved you barely notice it.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
There was an issue with the Eaton E-locker. They are now up to the 4th generation now (I believe). Earlier ones had to unlock then lock again as you shifted from forward to reverse. And sometimes it didn't want to lock back up.

I guess the newest ones don't do that anymore- but I don't have one nor do I know of anyone local that is running one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod