Timing or adjust carb after exaust install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86suburbanNJ609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Just got the exaust put on today. (Pics on here already)
Do I need to adjust timing or carb after the install I noticed she is a little hard to start after warm up and definitely running 10 degrees warmer. The shroud is not back in yet getting a e-fan this weekend. Everyone I talked to told me not to touch anything exaust shouldn't effect anything. If anyone knows what thread on here has the info on what e-fans fit in the shrouds on these truck would be appreciated I seen it on here awhile back I can't find it would help too.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Exhaust changes shouldn't have enticed a change in temps or starting that I know of. What's the timing set at? gmachinz posted before a 93-97 Ford T-Bird dual speed fan fitting nicely in the shroud.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
No fan shroud? There's your 10 degrees warmer problem.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I know with fuel injected engines when you replace the exhaust you can lean out the engine and require a tune. I had this happen on my vette and the crotch rocket I had.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
It depends on how restrictive the original setup was overall but if you were already running a modified intake and carb setup then probably not.