This is a good read for a lot of people

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
@Grit dog @CWBlack71 I was trying to find cw an illustration of how his crankcase should be vented. Stumbled across this. It might be useful to both of you and some others on this forum

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I don't know if I necessarily by in with their 2stage adjustable valve yet,but thought it was a good read so people cold see how pcv should work,pitfalls of improper installations work arounds for oil consumption etc.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Good read. When I was prepping to do the ls swap years ago, I noticed the intake was filthy. So I added a catch can, but I'm sure some still gets in there.

So I've wondered if a small electrical vacuum pump would help. This would draw a vacuum on the crankcase, go through the catch can, then to atmosphere. Maybe even go as far as increasing vacuum as rpm's go up.

Just something thats been in the back of my mind for a few years.

[edit] more thought. Having 2 sources of vacuum may not work well. lol, guess I'll keep wondering.

Last edited:

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good read. When I was prepping to do the ls swap years ago, I noticed the intake was filthy. So I added a catch can, but I'm sure some still gets in there.

So I've wondered if a small electrical vacuum pump would help. This would draw a vacuum on the crankcase, go through the catch can, then to atmosphere. Maybe even go as far as increasing vacuum as rpm's go up.

Just something thats been in the back of my mind for a few years.

[edit] more thought. Having 2 sources of vacuum may not work well. lol, guess I'll keep wondering.
Drag racers use a system they call vac-u -pan. A cheap version uses an air pump check valve and pipe welded to the collector. Uses the venturi effect. A hose is attached to the valve covers. It is supposed to help with ring flutter at high RPM.

Engine masters tried a real vacuum system on the dyno. Don't remember exactly but I don't think there was much HP improvement.

Doubtful a vacuum pan system would result in any benefit on street driven vehicle except decrease oil leaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey