The new mexicans are in town

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
What the hell is the point of this thread

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I reckon the purpose of the thread is to get everyone to like the mexican avalanche and to teach how to watch a video on a smartaleck phone.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm going to go counter to the group here. I love Avalanches. I think it's the most practical, creative and well thought-out vehicle GM ever devised. I wish they still made it and offered it with a Duramax.

Is it Mexican? 1st character of the VIN will tell you. 1= USA, 2= Canada, 3= Hecho en Mexico.

This was my Avalanche, it too was Heche En Mexico since they are built on a Suburban Chassis. 100% Suburban Chassis. If his is a 2500, then it's a leaf spring rear end and does have the 8.1. That's the only options. 1500 is rear coil spring and 5.3, also the only options. One of my favorite bought new vehicles and was alot cheaper than a Suburban. So the only difference in a Suburban was behind the rear seat. The rest of it is a Suburban. I really like the power heated memory seats. The best vehicle I ever had for my bad back. I could actually take long trips like from Oklahoma City to Los Angeles without stopping other than for fuel and piss stops and made it in 19 hours without severe back pain. I should have kept that one. I let the divorce have it. Then bought the blue crew cab pick up behind it.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What the hell is the point of this thread
Yeah, I'm not sure if he's referring to that's a new Avalanche for Mexican residents or if he's referring to New Mexico and it's used or what? I have a feeling it's for Mexican residents cuz that nose is ugly in comparison to the USA Avalanches and I know Mexican and South American models carry over with minor differences when in USA they move onto newer body styles. :shrug:

But still, not reason to be trashin' anyone's rides or trying to make racial issues of it if that's what's going on. I am totally confused too really. Not even sure what some of these posts mean and it doesn't apear OP is going to explain his original intent. :shrug:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My mom bought one of the first 2500s, big mistake that was. GM ended up giving her an unheard of 200,000 mile warranty because it was back at the dealer every week for some electrical problem. The nail in the coffin for it was when she was driving back from Akron and thought the heated seats were on, instead they had caught on fire. She was lucky the truck didn't burn to the ground. GM replaced the seats and fixed the wiring but she parked it and bought an HHR panel. Then she let my brother trade it in on a new Duramax GMC.
GM Almost had to buy mine back for lemon law ******** over the driver heated seat. It kept blowing the breaker. Had it fixed like 5 times. Finally the 6th time, I told them, I"ve been very patient with this ********, and if I didn't like the truck so much I'd have already filed Lemon Law ********. Sooo, I suggest you get me a loaner, and it be another Avalanche with like equipment, not a fukin Cavailier like last time, take all the time you need to get it right but it better be right or GM will own it. That didn't go my way so I left with my Avalanche. Next day a big wig with GM called me up and told me which dealer to take it to, pick up my Avalanche loaner with like equipment and warned me, it might take some time because they're sending someone in from out of state to look at it and hopefully fix it for good, not just replace breakers or heating elements. He did have it for 2 weeks and they did put 400 miles on it road testing it back and forth to his hotel and whatever else he did for entertainment while here. What they found was, from my wife being so short, and being so tall, and working the Memory seats, the seat wiring dragging across the floor as the seat moved forward and back, had rubbed the coating off the wires. So this guy retrofitted some kind of protective track that's used on Denali seats to protect the seat harness and replaced the harness. I said, sounds good, I want the same track on the passenger seat too. So they did. Never had another problem and I'd imagine GM may have made some changes for that reason.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts