Th400 hanging between 2nd and 3rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin83chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have an 83 with a semi modified 350 with a thm400. I drained the fluid and changed filter. Found metal shavings and one small chunk of what looked like a gear in pan. I can drive truck for about 10 miles and when it changes from 2nd to 3rd, sometimes it will hang like it's slipping. If I let off throttle, it'll fall in 3rd. I also do not have a decent switch connected nor a decent cable. Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a rebulid, but wanted opinions. Thanks

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site!

You have broken parts in there driving it will only make it worse, time to pull it and rebuild it before you destroy it..

Kevin83chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ah, not what I wanted to hear lol. Thanks, where would be a good place to get a rebuild kit with Kevlar clutches and bands.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well, there's a lot of good sources out there but I've never dealt with them since I get everything I need through a friend of mine, but I'm sure others on here know of good places to get parts, but it sounds like you're gonna need some hard parts as well as a kit...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrettkeith