TH350-TH400 Shifter linkage difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe/Sierra
Engine Size
350/305
So...When the Olds 350 was swapped into my truck it came with a TH400 transmission. Overall not a bad set up other then a problem with the shifter. I cannot shift it down all the way to 1 on the column shifter. I know the truck had a 305 and im assuming a TH350 in it from the factory so im just wondering if there is a change i need to make to the shifter linkage to make it work properly with the TH400?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
So...When the Olds 350 was swapped into my truck it came with a TH400 transmission. Overall not a bad set up other then a problem with the shifter. I cannot shift it down all the way to 1 on the column shifter. I know the truck had a 305 and im assuming a TH350 in it from the factory so im just wondering if there is a change i need to make to the shifter linkage to make it work properly with the TH400?

The linkage should be identical. There is some adjustment down by the trans, which you can change by loosening the 1/2" head set bolt that locks the rod from the column into the linkage bolted to the frame. It'll make sense when you see it.

Darkrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe/Sierra
Engine Size
350/305
The linkage should be identical. There is some adjustment down by the trans, which you can change by loosening the 1/2" head set bolt that locks the rod from the column into the linkage bolted to the frame. It'll make sense when you see it.

Thanks for the info! When it warms up enough to have dry ground again i will def take a look in that area!. This is one of those times it sucks to have the "Blue Sky and Green Grass" style of garage :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood