TH350 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gator

Reaction score
First Name
Gator
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
In December/January, my truck started to not move when I shifted it into gear unless I gave it a lot of gas. The worst instance was one night, it wouldn't move but would go in reverse fine. I would give it about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and it would barely move forward and then slowly work its way to working condition.

Then in January, after a good day of it running the best it ever had, I went to drive it in the morning and same problem but worst. I put it into drive and it idled just fine but wouldn't respond to throttle. It eventually idled down the road far enough and I decided to stop to try shifting the gears and seeing if it was just cold. When I shifted back to drive, it wouldn't move forward and hasn't since but reversed fine.

So now my problem is figuring out why it won't work in any drive gear. When it's in reverse, it will move perfect. I did notice after putting it in drive, that the driveshaft won't spin. The transmission makes no noises, movement or anything when it's put into drive.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Did you try L1 and L2 as well as 3rd gear? L1 and reverse share the same clutches.

Gator

Reaction score
First Name
Gator
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Did you try L1 and L2 as well as 3rd gear? L1 and reverse share the same clutches.

Yes. It'll move through drive gears without doing anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood