tbi not spraying now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
fixed the wiring to the fuel tanks and pumps injectors was spraying but the distributor was 180 out re stabbed it and it fired right up then shut off no spray at injectors checked to see if I was getting fuel to the tbi and it is but nothing coming out of the return line back to the tank what could have stopped it from working:shrug:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
fixed the wiring to the fuel tanks and pumps injectors was spraying but the distributor was 180 out re stabbed it and it fired right up then shut off no spray at injectors checked to see if I was getting fuel to the tbi and it is but nothing coming out of the return line back to the tank what could have stopped it from working:shrug:

What I'd do:
1. Check to make sure your fuel pump is buzzing when the key is first turned on, or I believe you can apply 12V to ALDL pin G (bottom left) to see if you get fuel to the base of the TBI. Could be relay or pump itself.
2. Check for injector signal with a noid light.
3. Test your ignition control module, or have it tested.
4. Only other thing I can think off the top of my head is the oil pressure switch.

That's just a rough sketch of what I would play with. Definitely make sure your pump is coming on, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1