Tank Selector Valve AC Delco U7000 or 70001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The ACDelco fuel tank selector valve U7000 looks the same as the 7001, the 7000 has 6 ports but 3 of the ports are capped off, it is about 65 bucks.
The ACDelco U7001 is a six port, none capped off, for about 85 bucks.
Has anyone ever purchased the U7000 and are the caps on three of the ports removable to make it a six port ???
Thank You in advance
Martin

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
How do you feel about the need for the fuel pump return line?

All the extra ports do is vent the fuel return line back to the on-line tank. If you don't use the return line - then the 3 port style should be good.

I really doubt that if the caps are pulled off a U7000 it will function as a 6 port valve - no one would buy a U7001 if that were the case.

Spec sheet for a port Pollak valve - its identical to AC Delco.

Attachments

• Pages 1 from Pollak IS-41_b.pdf
    81.5 KB · Views: 453
  • Pages from Pollak IS-41_b.pdf
    39.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Pages 1 from Pollak IS-41_b.jpg
    Pages 1 from Pollak IS-41_b.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,296
  • Pages from Pollak IS-41_b.jpg
    Pages from Pollak IS-41_b.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,174

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thank You Chengny.
I had a Dr. appointment over in Billings today, I made a stop at Autozone and, took a look at both of those valves.
The ******, under the Durabrand name, with the 6 ports with three capped off is the exact same valve as the one with the six ports and none capped off.
So, is what I did was got the FSV1 with the three capped off ports, for twelve bucks less than the FSV2 six port with no caps, for twelve bucks less than the FSV2, and, I got three brand new vacuum caps to boot. heyheyhey :evillol::rocking::smoke2:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I may be mistaken, but I am reading "nut doctor" as a physician who treats crazy people. You know, as opposed to a urologist, one who fiddles with peoples nuts. .

But I was dead wrong about turning a 3 port Pollak into a 6 port by simply pulling the caps off the nipples - so I am treading lightly.

I just spoke with Steve in engineering at Pollak - and he says..... ready? The valves are identical internally. His only caveat was to be careful when yanking the caps off. The glue that is used can take part of the nipple off along with the caps.

But bottom line; if you can get the caps off cleanly, you have successfully modified a 3 port valve into a 6 port.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I may be mistaken, but I am reading "nut doctor" as a physician who treats crazy people. You know, as opposed to a urologist, one who fiddles with peoples nuts. .

But I was dead wrong about turning a 3 port Pollak into a 6 port by simply pulling the caps off the nipples - so I am treading lightly.

I just spoke with Steve in engineering at Pollak - and he says..... ready? The valves are identical internally. His only caveat was to be careful when yanking the caps off. The glue that is used can take part of the nipple off along with the caps.

But bottom line; if you can get the caps off cleanly, you have successfully modified a 3 port valve into a 6 port.
The caps were`nt glued on, just simply slid them off. Do`nt tell them that though. LOLOLOL
Thank You for making the call, great work, I think You should be raised higher on the Rep Powers for that one.

The Urologist appointment is this Friday, well, tomorrow. Been having some issues with it feeling a bit oversized down there for the last several months, PSA blood test{I think thats what it is called} has been elevated too, guess I`ll have to wait for the Doc. to get done sticking Her finger{I hope thats what She`ll use} up My ass to tell whut the fugg is going on.
I cut way back on caffein, no alcohol whatever, thems the two most irritating things to the O~L prostatatooeee.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Thank You for making the call, great work, I think You should be raised higher on the Rep Powers for that one.

Making that call was a way to not do what I'm supposed to be doing - dropping my freshly rebuilt motor into the truck.

I am seriously screwing the big black pooch today. The front clip is completely off so it should take me only about 2 hours to set the engine on the mounts and make up the transmission.

But the weather is so frickin sucky up here today in New England ( about 95 and humid as hell - feel like I'm in Panama) I just can't drag my ssa out to the garage.

My wife will be coming home in about 1 hour however, so I have to get sweaty and at least look like I'm working. I am hearing "Get that DAMN truck running and out of the garage!" quite frequently lately.

I'll get a 36 inch pipewrench and have that in my hands when she comes up the driveway - that always looks like you are busting your ssa.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Making that call was a way to not do what I'm supposed to be doing - dropping my freshly rebuilt motor into the truck.

I am seriously screwing the big black pooch today. The front clip is completely off so it should take me only about 2 hours to set the engine on the mounts and make up the transmission.

But the weather is so frickin sucky up here today in New England ( about 95 and humid as hell - feel like I'm in Panama) I just can't drag my ssa out to the garage.

My wife will be coming home in about 1 hour however, so I have to get sweaty and at least look like I'm working. I am hearing "Get that DAMN truck running and out of the garage!" quite frequently lately.

I'll get a 36 inch pipewrench and have that in my hands when she comes up the driveway - that always looks like you are busting your ssa.
:happy175::happy175::happy175:
Thats the way I feel most days, look at what needs to be done but, oh well.
My wifey is home most of today too so, I went out onto the trailer and bagan disasembling this 59 dodge D100, removing anything that I might need on My 59 W100, especially the stainless steel, one year only, trim.
She was sure happy when She come home and seen Me out there dismantling that thing so It can be hauled to the scrapper, I`m not sure what makes Her the happiest, getting another vehicle out of the yard or, the money that`ll exchange hands when it goes acrost the scales, yeah right, from My hand to Hers.:happy175::happy175::happy175:

Busaman

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Could anyone tell me where the fuel selector valve is located on an 85 K-10?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512