Tailgate filler panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benkofop786

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
Anyone kno where I can find GMC tailgate filler panel...found only one new old stock $500...seem like way to much. Ready to buy...picture below...lemme kno if anyone has anything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 133

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Most of the GMC specific parts are not reproduced-nor will they be any time soon so yes, NOS GMC stuff is really high in price-that's just the nature of the beast.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

Oh, this looks nice. There's a neat write up on here and the other square body forums about how to bring back the shine on your tailgate filler panel or something along those lines. The letters can be taped off and painted. GMC letters on the grille and tailgate band are like a red with an orange undertone almost. I used Rustoleum "Lobster Red" when restoring my stock grille, and it was a perfect match. The grille turned out beautifully.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I've found the GMC tailgate panels in the pick and pull junkyards, but nothing from the new parts places.

Also verify whether your GMC logo should be in the middle of the tailgate or to the left side. If you have a stock tailgate it will have the correct placement of the logo. I believe they put the GMC in the middle of the tailgate up through about 77, so I think your 79 would have it on the left. From what I recall, Chevrolet's have it on the right.

My '75 had GMC centered on the tailgate metal in raised letters, and the aluminum panel used the same placement. The way the trim panels attach to the tailgate also changed a little over the years, so if you get a junkyard part you need to make sure you get all the parts.

Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub