swb or lwb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country705

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John(Country)
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
V8
The wife and I have been having a discussion about which configuration we wanted in our future truck. My view point is that a lwb will provide ample room when we deicide to move and that when I need to haul a load of wood for her mother I will be able to haul a larger load at one time. My wife on the other hand states that she doesn't like the look of a lwb as well as she thinks that a swb will haul only a less amount. I win either way we go cause I get a K10 truck so I guess I can compromise I was just wondering what is your guys experience in the matter. whats your preference swb or lwb?

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Swb has more class. But a lwb has its added features. Such as.... It can haul more stuff without hanging over, it makes a really nice bed :D :D :D, and its longer wich = more stability.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I personally prefer the short wheel base just because I prefer the look. To your point though the LWB will carry more at a time and will ride a little better. It's all in what you and your wife can agree on. At that time there may be a better deal on one vs the other. Good luck with the purchase whatever the two of you agree on :waytogo:

Country705

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John(Country)
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
V8
Were still discussing it I can compromise with her because she will be driving it from time to time when I am working or in school

carlgm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Truck Year
'85
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Get swb for looks or lwb for added functionality. So, it all depends on what you need or want.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
agreed, to haul get long, but for most cases short bed is fine.

I preffer short bed look, much cleaner and better to me.

now a lifted long bed looks shorter and a lowered long bed looks like a huge bus, very long.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Personally I think a 4x4 looks better as a long bed and a 2wd should be short. Only exception to me is I like SWB stepsides lifted and 4x4, I think they look weird as C10's that have been lowered most of the time.

But it depends on what you plan on doing with it. If you are like me and have a toolbox in the back, you effectively shorten your bed as soon as you drop it in, and Toolboxes make LWB look better too. A shortbed with a toolbox gives you very little space for hauling stuffs.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My personal preference is long beds on 4wds and short beds on 2wds. The exception is a short stepside 4wd. :drool:

A long bed 4wd looks proportioned better to me than a shortbed, is smoother riding, will haul more, and is better on snow and ice if that's even something you'll be driving in.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I can honestly say I don't have a preference. I do like the looks of the swb especially with the right stance but the lwb is what started my love for the square body truck to begin with. If you don't really care I'd go ahead and get what the wife prefers that way she's happy with it and she'll back you up more as you fix it up and work on it. If you get the lwb which she doesn't like she may not support you as much when it comes time to spend money on it :D

1sic4x4

Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350ci
The wife and I have been having a discussion about which configuration we wanted in our future truck. My view point is that a lwb will provide ample room when we deicide to move and that when I need to haul a load of wood for her mother I will be able to haul a larger load at one time. My wife on the other hand states that she doesn't like the look of a lwb as well as she thinks that a swb will haul only a less amount. I win either way we go cause I get a K10 truck so I guess I can compromise I was just wondering what is your guys experience in the matter. whats your preference swb or lwb?
Well I have had both at one time or another, and your right Win-Win

Country705

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John(Country)
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
V8
I got one of those wifes that as long as I don't stop supporting her obcession with shoes, purses and jewlery then she won't stop supporting my obcession with trucks.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I'd just buy one of each lol and add in a crew cab, suburban, and a K5 for good measures. Maybe that explains why I have so many, each truck has its own good points and bad points. If you plan on using it for a lot of hauling, the long bed is best. If your just going drive it as a daily driver short bed is great. If your going to plan on a tool box in the bed, A short bed will have no room hardly left to haul anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag