Superlift Kit from Summit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yes, extended brake lines and likely extended drivelines too.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Can anyone think of some things that are necessary with a lift like this? I know brake lines are one thing. What about a transfer case drop?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slf-k420/overview/make/chevrolet

I don't mess around with any 80's truck's myself , (only 79 and under) but a lot of my buddies have them around here and we always drop the t-case if you have a 208 case with a 6" lift.

Here's what I would do , install the lift , check all the driveshaft's , (I would legnthen them) and u-joints . Then run her down the hwy. , if you have any vibration's you need to drop the case a little. Every truck is different , some guy's drop the case a 1/2" , some an inch , some not at all , (you have to play with it). I have one buddy that had his driveshaft made with a double cardain at the t-case end and that works well to. Just mess with it till she run's smooth down the hwy. and your good to go.

I would also get the frame brace kit from ord for the steering box to avoid problems later.

You will also need to drop the sway bar for a 6" lift if your kit dose'nt came with that , (I alway's throw my sway bar in the dumpster but thats just me).

BigBlue85

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
I've been looking around trying to tally up what all I would need. The frame brace I had forgot about.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
You also might want to grab some hose to extend your axle vent tubes , (I like to route them to higher and better locations anyway for the deep water stuff)

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear

Forum statistics

Threads