Summit Racing Dash Pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Has/does anyone have a review or experience with this dash pad? Need a new one for the truck. Thanks.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oer-14031898

Good alternative to a$500 dash pad. I have one.
I recommend taking the old dash pad off when installing it, as with mine, there was a screw on the passenger side, and you will need to drill from the inside for it to match, and then enlarge it from the outside so the head of the screw sinks in properly, and, really important; when gluing it to the old dash, do it in a cool room, heat will expand and deform it. get some carpenters clamps, and and extra tube of adhesive if you can. Panel Bonding adhesive is the best...seeing as it what is used on Kenworth cabs...good ****.

GunMan9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I was under the impression this was a dash pad and not a dash cover. Am I wrong?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
sorry, i thought it was a cover. if its an actual pad, it should bolt in. dunno of anyone that has one. you may be the first.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
I surfed around as Im interested as well...

...general consensus is that they are a bit flimsy'er than OE, lines up with OE vents, ect...but a decent fit and good overall value compared to other repo pads

Have you looked locally into having it recovered... <$$ ...with S&H your at about $225 delivered.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
not really a bad price if it's a replacement pad. way cheaper than the alternative choices so far. I get $100 out of a nice used one and I've got a waiting list. I may have to order one to check them out.

GunMan9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have thought about doing it myself. I have made custom bobber pan seats for motorcycles using alligator before. This is one I did on a Honda Shadow Bobber I built:
You must be registered for see images attach

Problem is I have never done so many dips, turns, and edges and I do not want to mess the original dash up on the first try. Also thought of fiber-glassing it but have never used fiber glass.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Was it this forum....maybe another?...a guy peeled the plastic off...sprayed it down with foam, like that crap you spray to seal cracks...and shaved it down to size and re-covered it. Seemed legit.

An aligator dash..... thats something VAL might see down in The Old Pueblo, lol

aka: Tucson

GunMan9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I wouldnt do the dash in alligator lol. Im not hood rich. I seen some marine grade vinyl at Joanne Fabrics that interested me. Its the same vinyl used on boats. I suppose it would hold up well to climate and sun.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I wouldnt do the dash in alligator lol. Im not hood rich. I seen some marine grade vinyl at Joanne Fabrics that interested me. Its the same vinyl used on boats. I suppose it would hold up well to climate and sun.

If you could get it to lay right that would be a great idea. :)

GunMan9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ya I believe I am going to give it a go with reupholstering it myself. I think some 3M Super 77 and a heat gun will do the trick to get it to lay right and look good.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
If you get that to work that will be on my to do list.

83swb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
83'
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Please post some pictures up/do a write up if you re-cover it!

75-250-KY

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
250 in line 6
I stripped my 75 dashes foam and vinyl off- wire wheeled it - painted it and then recovered it with the black/gray speaker enclosure felt - did not turn out bad. Does take some time, but the result people seemed to like. A photo is in my album. My son noticed this on a McClaren F-1 photo and gave me the idea. So I said why not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64