Strong recommendation for Rob (SirRobyn0) at Luke's Redmond Automotive in Redmond, WA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C10_Blackie

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wasn't sure where to put this - hope this is a good place. I just wanted to strongly recommend Rob Norenberg (@SirRobyn0) at Luke's Redmond Automotive in Redmond, Washington. I took on my first square body project only recently and needed a lot of help. Fortunately, other people on this forum directed me to Rob.

The truck had a lot of issues - nothing too major - but I'm new to this and needed somebody to go through the truck and make sure it wasn't going to kill me somehow and then help triage the issues and work a few of the more immediate ones. Rob has extensive Chevy truck experience, gave me truly outstanding advice and even figured out how to save me a lot of money on the work. We ended up swapping out the column with a rebuilt replacement, new oil pressure sensor, new starter and a few other things and I can still afford to eat and stuff like that.

Thanks Rob! The truck looks pretty much the same as it looked on the outside when I dropped it off but the ride home was a lot more fun than the ride out there to drop it off was. I'd heartily recommend this shop to anybody with a GM truck.

Attachments

• IMG_4433.jpg
    IMG_4433.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 27

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks Rob,
I want to make a couple of quick comments here. First off ALL forum members get 10% off plus freebees at the shop. So in Rob's case he got 10% off and then I spent an hour and half plus materials sorting out the vacuum lines on the truck and getting the charcoal canister hooked up and working. So obviously we don't make a lot of money doing these trucks, no I'd rather save you good folks a few dollars. But we need to keep the shop afloat so we tend to need the truck for a few weeks or more, depending on what all is needed.

Second, my presents on the forum is all but nothing right now do to some personal stuff, but I still go to work and I still work on these trucks. With that said the best way to reach me if you want work done on your truck or even if you just want to get my attention / advice for some reason is to send me a PM since I'll get a notification for that in my E-mail.

Thanks and hope you all are doing well.

C10_Blackie

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'd also like to add that one of Rob's best qualities is PATIENCE. I basically inundated him with information and there was a lot of stuff to sort through and discuss in order to find the right solution for the long-term (what to work vs. what to leave for later). Rob was very patient and kind throughout the process and I learned a lot from it.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I wish I was closer. I would definitely bring my truck by for diagnoses from @SirRobyn0 Rob. I would love someone that could help me decipher what I needed first and what could wait, help decide what I could tackle myself to help along the way etc...

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'd also like to add that one of Rob's best qualities is PATIENCE. I basically inundated him with information and there was a lot of stuff to sort through and discuss in order to find the right solution for the long-term (what to work vs. what to leave for later). Rob was very patient and kind throughout the process and I learned a lot from it.
You were patient with me as well when the timeline got off. I'm glad you learned from it. Explaining things and going over one thing at a time is part of the process on older rigs like this where the owner cares a great deal about the truck.
I wish I was closer. I would definitely bring my truck by for diagnoses from @SirRobyn0 Rob. I would love someone that could help me decipher what I needed first and what could wait, help decide what I could tackle myself to help along the way etc...
Ya, your a bit far. Your welcome to hit me up in a pm message if there is anything I can help with from a distance. If you take it to a local shop and need help deciphering their lookover I'd be happy to try to help with that even if it means calling the shop or looking at paperwork. Really the only reason I'm on the forum right now is Robs post but like I said I'll still see pm notifications in email and even though I haven't much time to be on The forum I still want to help if I can.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Thanks Rob for your help with everyone on site and at work too. It is appreciated. Thank you.

As to your personal tribulations, know we are behind you 150% in any way any of us can be. I hope the issues don't become overwhelming for you and yours as i feel you are stronger than any problem. Stay strong, you are in our thoughts always.

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Wasn't sure where to put this - hope this is a good place. I just wanted to strongly recommend Rob Norenberg (@SirRobyn0) at Luke's Redmond Automotive in Redmond, Washington. I took on my first square body project only recently and needed a lot of help. Fortunately, other people on this forum directed me to Rob.

The truck had a lot of issues - nothing too major - but I'm new to this and needed somebody to go through the truck and make sure it wasn't going to kill me somehow and then help triage the issues and work a few of the more immediate ones. Rob has extensive Chevy truck experience, gave me truly outstanding advice and even figured out how to save me a lot of money on the work. We ended up swapping out the column with a rebuilt replacement, new oil pressure sensor, new starter and a few other things and I can still afford to eat and stuff like that.

Thanks Rob! The truck looks pretty much the same as it looked on the outside when I dropped it off but the ride home was a lot more fun than the ride out there to drop it off was. I'd heartily recommend this shop to anybody with a GM truck.
Love hearing stories like this.

Also: that's a FIIIIINE-lookin truck! I'm sick of all the bland black and white and silver gray plastic SUV's everywhere, but that black/white two-tone is really sharp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wacky