Speedo Issues....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quadracerx

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hey Guys...

Not sure if this is the right section or not?

My speedometer never returns to zero? It gets stuck between 20-30 MPH... To recap how my truck is put together:

Ok so my flatbed is the combination of two trucks:

Chassis and Drivetrain: 1979 GMC 1 Ton with 454 and Turbo 400. It was a plain jane work truck
Non Power windows, manual locks, rubber floor mats, etc.

Cab: 1984 GMC 1/2 Ton with power windows, locks, etc. This truck originally had a 305 and a 700R4.

Could the cluster be wrong because of the overdrive transmission?

Hope Ive provided all the needed info, if not let me know...

This forum is awesome,

Thanks for the help.

Steve

quadracerx

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I forgot to add that it is a two piece cable currently. Could it be I need a single cable?

Thanks again...

Steve

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
The speedo is not directly linked to the cable, they are attached via a magnet and weight system, I'm not doing it justice with that explanation though. I didn't care much because I had a few spares, so I pryed the needle off with a fork and stuck it back at 0. It took me a few tries and its never 100% accurate though, I'd try some wd40 or something before I tear it down. Or just live with it

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Cable should not have anything to do with it. It sounds like the return spring has broken. Disconnect the cable from the back of the meter; you'll have to push the 2 'ears' toward the back of the meter to release the cable. You'll have to pull on the cable at the same time. See if the meter returns to zero. If it doesn't, your problem IS inside the meter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benn95