Sled pulling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you are going to do it, better figure out what association you are going to pull with and get a rule book. There is a limit on the height of the hitch point. I would hate to have you build a hitch point, only to have it be to high and get disqualified.

As far as design, I always thought if you could run it as far up the factory frame rails as reasonable, you can both stiffen the frame and create a better lever action for planting the rear wheels.

1987_chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you are going to do it, better figure out what association you are going to pull with and get a rule book. There is a limit on the height of the hitch point. I would hate to have you build a hitch point, only to have it be to high and get disqualified.

As far as design, I always thought if you could run it as far up the factory frame rails as reasonable, you can both stiffen the frame and create a better lever action for planting the rear wheels.

Also in stock classes most places want you to just use a stock style hitch.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is a common hitch people in use the diesel class. It's adjustable so hitch height isn't a huge deal.

juicedimpss

Reaction score
First Name
Hank
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
that looks esy enough to make,im thinking I should just build my own heavy duty frame mount also though.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

1987_chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
that looks esy enough to make,im thinking I should just build my own heavy duty frame mount also though.

Just a matter of rules, my '87 actually used to be a pull truck so its got a custom made hitch for pulling. In stock classes you're usually not supposed to have something like that. Any stock truck ive seen literally just has a clevis, not even that hitch i showed you. What class are you planning on pulling in?

juicedimpss

Reaction score
First Name
Hank
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Just a matter of rules, my '87 actually used to be a pull truck so its got a custom made hitch for pulling. In stock classes you're usually not supposed to have something like that. Any stock truck ive seen literally just has a clevis, not even that hitch i showed you. What class are you planning on pulling in?

not really thinking about any particular class, I guess whatever they put me into. I have some options available for power,just need to find a 205 case and get a real clutch and take it from there..
will they let a little gas motor play in the diesel classes? :nutkick:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1