Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
my daily for the last 29 yrs been giving me a lot of headaches lately. i've neglected to put any money into it the last few except to keep it alive, all my coin has been going into my crewcab.
380 000 miles and the 350 has never been cracked open, runs like a charm, just the rest of the truck is falling apart. no sooner i fix a prob and two more show up....
You must be registered for see images attach

i'm looking at about $7-8000 (CDN) just for parts, so it was a no brainer finding this one up for $6500
'96 sb reg cab. 100% rust free body, super clean, even has all the red paint and primer overspray on the bottom. missing some trim, first owner was a hot rod shop that used it as a parts chaser, took the trim off the doors for their company logo. and all them silly-a$$ decals will be history. 4-3 with a 5 spd and 130 000 miles, runs and drives super sweet.

even though it's a base, the hot rod shop yanked the stock bench and put these in. the prev owner thinks they came out of a yukon-whatever their outta, their the best seats i've sat in- nicer than the heated, power king ranch seats in my k30. super comfy

the body on this thing is immaculate, no rust and i mean no rust. orig paint, victory red

cool that this is still there...

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
started getting rid of the silliness....grille guard and tool box are gone, decals are next. will be putting a 2" lift, just enuff to get some decent 33" mud tires under it.
later in the yr i will be swapping the stepper box off my old truck onto this one

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
The old manual swapped suburban is giving me some troubles, now it needs intake gaskets. With my new job and college, I might be looking for a slightly lower mileage gas saver pretty soon.
(Just rolled over 330k)

And by gas saver I mean something like this '96 Caprice Classic with the L99.

Or maybe a Crown Vic, but it would have to be a P71.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I've got another thread going on on my new daily driver, but since posted in here previously regarding my DD I figured I should update it.

So my 1996 GC was suppose to be my daily driver, but in all reality I daily drove my 84' C20. 2ish weeks ago I was given a practically pristine 2003 Acura MDX from a customer at the shop who didn't want it anymore. You can read the whole story here:>>> https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/2003-acura-mdx.42061/ <<< But the cliff notes is he has kept it in very good condition. I was concerned if I'd like it, and figured I could sell it if I didn't. Turns out I like it a lot more than than I did the Grand Cherokee, which I may sell that now, but for sure the MDX is staying and when I don't need to drive the truck I'll drive the MDX. 19.5MPG seems so fuel efficient to me when I'm used to running around in a GC and a C20 that get around 12MPG. Oh and I love how well the climate control in the MDX works I've started calling it the set it and forget it heater.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I forgot I've got a new DD as well. '00 Chevy Express. Put about 3k on it in the last month, getting 14 mpg out of it.

I've actually had it for a couple years, did the needed repairs a few months ago and now it's finally seeing daily work duties this year.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I forgot I've got a new DD as well. '00 Chevy Express. Put about 3k on it in the last month, getting 14 mpg out of it.

I've actually had it for a couple years, did the needed repairs a few months ago and now it's finally seeing daily work duties this year.
What's she got for a powerplant?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I've got another thread going on on my new daily driver, but since posted in here previously regarding my DD I figured I should update it.

So my 1996 GC was suppose to be my daily driver, but in all reality I daily drove my 84' C20. 2ish weeks ago I was given a practically pristine 2003 Acura MDX from a customer at the shop who didn't want it anymore. You can read the whole story here:>>> https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/2003-acura-mdx.42061/ <<< But the cliff notes is he has kept it in very good condition. I was concerned if I'd like it, and figured I could sell it if I didn't. Turns out I like it a lot more than than I did the Grand Cherokee, which I may sell that now, but for sure the MDX is staying and when I don't need to drive the truck I'll drive the MDX. 19.5MPG seems so fuel efficient to me when I'm used to running around in a GC and a C20 that get around 12MPG. Oh and I love how well the climate control in the MDX works I've started calling it the set it and forget it heater.

In the end, that Acura will be a lot more reliable than the GC, as well :waytogo:

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I know it is a Furd….but I have been quite happy with this pickup. 2019 3.0 Powerstroke. Amazing what modern diesel technology can do.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I know it is a Furd….but I have been quite happy with this pickup. 2019 3.0 Powerstroke. Amazing what modern diesel technology can do.
Seen a handful of those around, I'd love to drive one. Tried to find one when I was looking to see if I'd like it but there weren't any in my price range. I love the idea of a small diesel in a halfton. I ended up with a Hemi after researching the EcoDiesel's problems, hopefully the Ford doesn't have many issues like the ED does

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Seen a handful of those around, I'd love to drive one. Tried to find one when I was looking to see if I'd like it but there weren't any in my price range. I love the idea of a small diesel in a halfton. I ended up with a Hemi after researching the EcoDiesel's problems, hopefully the Ford doesn't have many issues like the ED does
I originally wanted to get a 3.0 Duramax, but upon doing some research, there wasn’t much for options to enhance reliability if you catch my drift, where there was with the 3.0 Powerstroke. There was a recall on an egr cooler bolt with this pickup which was done prior to me buying it. After doing the reliably enhancements, I absolutely love this pickup. Bone stock it is rated at 250 HP and 440 lb-ft of torque. I have a 60 HP over tune on it and it is quite peppy and tows like a dream. I average 21-23 mpg hauling the four wheeler in the back during the summer working. Consistently gets 25+ mpg down the highway. I pulled a 16’ covered trailer full of furniture to Iowa this year and it averaged around 14-15 mpg pulling that. Pulling a couple four wheelers on a trailer down to the Black Hills in SD I was averaging 18 mpg. It’s a shame Ford axed this engine in favor of the EV pickup program.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I originally wanted to get a 3.0 Duramax, but upon doing some research, there wasn’t much for options to enhance reliability if you catch my drift, where there was with the 3.0 Powerstroke. There was a recall on an egr cooler bolt with this pickup which was done prior to me buying it. After doing the reliably enhancements, I absolutely love this pickup. Bone stock it is rated at 250 HP and 440 lb-ft of torque. I have a 60 HP over tune on it and it is quite peppy and tows like a dream. I average 21-23 mpg hauling the four wheeler in the back during the summer working. Consistently gets 25+ mpg down the highway. I pulled a 16’ covered trailer full of furniture to Iowa this year and it averaged around 14-15 mpg pulling that. Pulling a couple four wheelers on a trailer down to the Black Hills in SD I was averaging 18 mpg. It’s a shame Ford axed this engine in favor of the EV pickup program.
DANG!! Wish I would've looked a little harder then, that's awesome mileage with the bed/cab combo, level kit and bigger tires you have. My Hemi is the same setup (CC 6.5' bed) and I was getting 16-19mpg unloaded average with stock sized tires. My commute is 75% 45-55mph backroads and 25% hwy. Now I'm getting 15-16 with light 35x11.50s. Plus the Baby Powerstroke's sound great with exhaust on them

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
DANG!! Wish I would've looked a little harder then, that's awesome mileage with the bed/cab combo, level kit and bigger tires you have. My Hemi is the same setup (CC 6.5' bed) and I was getting 16-19mpg unloaded average with stock sized tires. My commute is 75% 45-55mph backroads and 25% hwy. Now I'm getting 15-16 with light 35x11.50s. Plus the Baby Powerstroke's sound great with exhaust on them
This pickup has 3.55 gears. The level kit was in it when I bought it. I put 275/70R18’s on it because I thought the stock size 275/65’s looked a little small with the leveling kit. My business also has another ‘19 F150 3.0 Powerstroke with 3.31 gears and the same level kit and tires and there isn’t any difference in mileage or towing between the two. The 10 speed auto really makes the gearing not as important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly