Seat question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
I have a nice set of seats from a 91 Suburban. I think the front buckets/console will swap out into a square body crew cab but unsure of the rear seat. It is a split folding set up and wonder if it would work in place of the rear crew cab seat. Seats are really nice maroon color and in great shape. Also want to use the door panels and those look like they will swap too as long as I find a crew cab with power windows/locks. Thanks guys!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I have a nice set of seats from a 91 Suburban. I think the front buckets/console will swap out into a square body crew cab but unsure of the rear seat. It is a split folding set up and wonder if it would work in place of the rear crew cab seat. Seats are really nice maroon color and in great shape. Also want to use the door panels and those look like they will swap too as long as I find a crew cab with power windows/locks. Thanks guys!

Just kinda brainstorming here. If I remember correctly, the Suburban middle seat sits flat on the floor because it mounts on stilts. I believe the rear seat on a crew sits on top of a hump so it doesn't have stilts (perhaps you could validate these conjectures since you have both seats). I could be wrong on one or both, but if I'm not, you have to figure out how to lower the split seat like the original rear seat if that's even possible. Oh, I would check on the seat belts. Again, if I remember correctly, I think the Burb middle row has shoulder/lap belts. I think the crew just has lap belts. On width, it should be okay. The door panels will also work if you find the appropriate hardware to go in and on the door.

Last edited:

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Oh yeah, I bet your right. Forgot about the stilts on the crew cabs and maybe the floor is different in the rear. I will have to think about my options. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20