Running a 4" lift and 37s??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesta89

Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
My 35's have hit the rear of the front fender on 6 inch lift. I don't think it will hit anymore because I have b52 front spring hangers on which moved the front axle forward about an inch. My stock factory spring hanger blew out with the old sprngs.

For now I can only run my 285s which I have had people tell me will rub no matter what. I haven't had any rub even offroad fully turned and flexed.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
For what it's worth a 37" tire is likely no bigger in diameter than 36". 6" lift will work fine as long the rear of the front fenders have about 2-3" trimmed from them at the bottom, and about an 1" or so angle from the front bottom Put them on and cycle/turn them to full lock, have the sawzall and a cut-off tool handy, cut as much as required, paint exposed steel with something durable. Moving the housing forward 1" should/will help eliminate some metal removal. For a few hundred dollars, cut out flares do a good job too. Plus many states have laws concerning exposed rubber outside the fender.

My brother in law ran 39's on an IFS Burb for years with a 6" lift FWTW. He even pulled a 32' travel trailer all over the country with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus