Roller Rocker help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfitz95

Reaction score
First Name
Conor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I was given a new set of Proform full roller rockers for my 350 (pretty sure they’re 1.5 ratios). My small block is completely stock besides the 650 Edelbrock carb and long tube headers/dual exhaust. I would like to use the roller rockers but am not sure what else I should take care of if installing rollers. I know I'll probably need taller valve covers. I think it would be a good idea to replace the valve seals while I’m at it. My biggest concern is the pushrods. Do I need to check if I will need different pushrods or can I stay with stock pushrods? What would be a good way of measuring out the correct size pushrods I might need? Anything else recommended?? Thanks in advance!

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
you can pull a set of rockers off, use a marker and color the tip of the 2 valves. put the roller rockers on and turn the motor over by hand a few times. pull the rocker back off and bed where it was contacting the valve. if it’s in the center your good.

prob needs taller valve covers and a set of poly lock nuts if the rocker didn’t come with them and some valve cover gaskets

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bet they're a direct swap bolt on.

IF they are 1.5.

Ida already swapped em in by now and been realizing the benefit of having all valves lift equal.
:headbang:

cfitz95

Reaction score
First Name
Conor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Proform is a crap shoot. They are made from the finest Chinesium available. Keep your eye on them.
Oh I’ll watch them for sure. I wasn’t planning on buying any roller rockers at all but when a friend of mine offered me a new set because they were just sitting on his shelf unused I snatched them up.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
:imo: the biggest benefit to aftermarket rockers is uniform lift.
Factory tolerances are far from great and you WILL see benefit. I think this is a staple performance mod that should be one of the first.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
:imo: the biggest benefit to aftermarket rockers is uniform lift.
Factory tolerances are far from great and you WILL see benefit. I think this is a staple performance mod that should be one of the first.
Perhaps... we can't say this for sure, only theoretically. Those import parts have umm, a broad range of tolerances.
There are disadvantages to roller tips... they are heavier and another moving point to possibly go south.
They look cool! And it's cool say "yeah roller rockers"... but they don't do anything for performance really.
And they don't work at high rpm. At least not this type, that still uses the centering cup doodad. If you're building a screamer
you need the rockers that are mounted to a shaft imo.
Maybe they have some advantage on high lift cams...?

Those stamped rockers GM made...!! How many millions did they punch out? And how many millions of miles they served. I know they look stupid and don't have a coolness factor but what a design!

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Engine Master roller rocker jive..