Replacement bed floor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I've done some searching and can't find a replacement bed. Given I'm fairly new to this build and generation of truck so I only know of a few sites. But what I find is that I can replace every single panel of the bed from places like LMC yet I can't find the bed floor.

I have a 1976 GMC Sierra Grande longbed it a large section of the bed floor is rusted as my grandfather left hay in the back of it for the last 10 years after it broke down. It's my mom's first truck and I am restoring it, so while I think I could scower salvage lots for a take off bed, it would be nice to simply weld in a new floor if possible.

Help?

Sprockmonster

Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
If you have a couple weeks to wait i suggest ordering the free catalogue from lmc b/c i find it a lot easier to use than the website. Then just search specific serial numbers on the website to order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm thinking of doing away with the bed floor and doing a wood bed, seems to be an easier job!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,972

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm thinking of doing away with the bed floor and doing a wood bed, seems to be an easier job!

The truck in that picture has the factory optional wood floor, and the owner of it spent a considerable amount of time making it look good like that again.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The truck in that picture has the factory optional wood floor, and the owner of it spent a considerable amount of time making it look good like that again.
Looks beautiful!

ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Hatzie, you are awesome.

Not sure how I missed the floor on the website. I must have been drunk.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size

That's a 73-80 E81 fleetside. I've seen that restoration and it's gorgeous.
It was a heckuva lot of work. Not easier than a steel floor. There's a thread about it on the 47-Current Chevy truck forum. Here ---> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=432498

The side flanges and cross rails are not reproduced by Mar-K or anyone else... Mar-K makes the wood and interlocking strips. He had to take the rusty original side flanges to a sheet metal shop and get one off reproductions. The under wood cross rails and rear crossrail are modified from reproductions for the 67-72 E81 bed. Lot's of fab work and fussy detail. Stunning results.

My grandfather made wood plank deck beds with 4x8 rails and 4x4 notched crossrails for 4 of these trucks. It took two afternoons and they looked good. The lighting, fuel filler mounts and, mud flaps took another afternoon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76