Recent pics of my 84

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geolee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Since this virus has been around I been working non stop on my truck. Just got done doing a new cam, gear drive, new exhaust, new dizzy, tires, front bumper, and couple other things. It sounds awesome and enjoying it as my daily driver

You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lookin good!
Guess I can’t complain, been working non stop but I really hoped for a Rona break. If I had one, the Freedom Wagon would be wearing a new coat of paint by now!

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Looks good ! My ‘84 doesn’t have the Matco wrench option

geolee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Lookin good!
Guess I can’t complain, been working non stop but I really hoped for a Rona break. If I had one, the Freedom Wagon would be wearing a new coat of paint by now!
I haven't had any days off either I wish I coulda though. That freedom wagon looks good as it is man

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Gear drive you say? Quiet or loud one? They sound so cool.
Love the grille too.

geolee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Gear drive you say? Quiet or loud one? They sound so cool.
Love the grille too.
Yes gear drive and of course it's noisey lol. I did that with a comp cam can't remember specs but both of those with black widow exhuast sounds very good. Just got it all together pretty much the grille is just a stock 84

vintovka

Reaction score
First Name
vin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
My avatar is what my 84 Silverado Step Side looks like now. Was a nice (and rare step side) until a friend went off the down hill road from Georgetown CA. Flipped it sheared off cab and rode it upside down 300' down the steep hillside. He survived by laying on the seat and had to be cut loose. None of the body parts were salvageable so i added the 54 chevy upper and power running boards.

geolee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
My avatar is what my 84 Silverado Step Side looks like now. Was a nice (and rare step side) until a friend went off the down hill road from Georgetown CA. Flipped it sheared off cab and rode it upside down 300' down the steep hillside. He survived by laying on the seat and had to be cut loose. None of the body parts were salvageable so i added the 54 chevy upper and power running boards.
Damn man that sounds very bad! I woulda left my friend in there he probably woulda been safer than if he crashed my truck lol. I have a 53 Chevy truck I'm doing next I love those trucks. It's my grandpas old truck and been in the family since before I was born

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had gear drive in my BBC. I liked it at first....got to be tiring listening to the gear noise after a while. Maybe would be better if my hood was insulated.

vintovka

Reaction score
First Name
vin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Damn man that sounds very bad! I woulda left my friend in there he probably woulda been safer than if he crashed my truck lol. I have a 53 Chevy truck I'm doing next I love those trucks. It's my grandpas old truck and been in the family since before I was born
He is a big guy and heard they had to pull him loose. Cab was sheared at bottom of windsheild and no truck body parts survived unscathed. This was on the old Georgetown grade before they made it "safer". The wheelbase and stance of the K10 made it fairly easy and all the 4x4 equipment survived ok. Hardest part was fitting 54 cab and bed. Tough to due in a pasture with only a cat for a buddy and dodging cowpies.

geolee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
That would be a lot of work man! I build all my trucks by myself so it takes a while. I can't wait to get my 53 running. I always lower everything anx was going to use a s10 frame but I think I'm just going to redo what's there even though I hate kingpins.... Lol

geolee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I had gear drive in my BBC. I liked it at first....got to be tiring listening to the gear noise after a while. Maybe would be better if my hood was insulated.
I don't even have a radio in my truck. I could listen do that gear drive all day lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising