rebuilt sbc Oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
it had a warning light but it never triggered the light, i have my temporary gauge hooked up to it. and i am talking about the bypass that bolts up to the block with the oil filter adapter, im wondering if that can cause an issue.
Dont see how a bypass would cause issue.If it malfunctioned and didnt open with a clog, if anything pressure would go up.A clogged filter would go to bypass and maintain same oil pressure,just wouldnt be filtering oil.

Sam71395

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Silverado
Engine Size
thats what i was thinking, I just thought i would suggest it because maybe someone had a different experience, Im going to change the oil and filter, Im going to use 20w50 and see how it goes

Sam71395

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Silverado
Engine Size
hi all, heres the deal, I changed the oil and filter and put in 20w50, now I have 15psi at idle and 32-34psi cruising, and there was a minor lifter tick that went away also after the oil change so Im happy about that, so I am going to run with it this summer.

Sam71395

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Silverado
Engine Size
Hi All, kind of reviving my thread here, but I just had my valve cover off with the engine running all of the pushrods are spinning, the only thing i noticed is that one spins significantly slower than the others, there is no ticking or strange sounds, so is this somthing i should be concerned about?