Rear view mirror, where does it go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
So I bought a new rear view mirror for my 87’ R1500 over a year ago after the one in the truck fell apart. I’ve been enjoying the lack of stuff on my windshield, but I’ll admit, especially at night, it’s pretty hard to see anything without it. Unfortunately, I cleaned the remaining glue from the old mirror off a long time ago, and no matter where I hold the mirror up it looks funny. I’m sure I’m just used to the windshield being bare, but could really use some measurements so I can put the thing where it’s supposed to be since I can’t tell where that is. Anybody able to take some measurements of where theirs is? I’d greatly appreciate the assist!

Thanks in advance!

Zelph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 TBI
Mine is 5 3/8 from top of window.

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Let me know if you still need dimensions .. I have a 1983 Suburban Windshield that looks factory original that I took out of the donor I was obtaining parts from.

I can measure the mounting pad if you need. The windshield is out of the vehicle and going into my 1985 K5 after painting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005