Rear taillights for stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
I have been batting zero for new rear taillights for this stepside of mine. I had to use some old ones off a junk truck in which the attaching bolts were WELDED into place inside the light housing. Only problem was when I tried to remove the rusty nuts the bolts BROKE and infuriated me to no end. I had to disassemble both lights and drill out the welded-in broken bolts, then replace them with new attaching bolts. They work fine, but I eventually want new ones. Who sells these? Advance Auto only has the fleetside ones. The stepside seems to be the redheaded stepchild of the new replacement parts industry.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
Wow! Thanks! I had never found any of those, even after I was introduced to that website when I joined this forum.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They are actually very easy to find because they are basically the same taillight used in millions of semis, flatbed trucks and trailers, box vans, etc. The only difference is you have to wire them in to the stock wires and they have a license plate lamp on the bottom. Most parts stores or truck shops should have what you need, and the higher quality stuff will be at the truck shops.

From what I've seen, even the "direct replacement" lights that are in the catalogs still have to be wired in.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
basic trailer lights is what they are try napa or another parts house. hell even walmart should have them.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
I have seen the type with those hateful trailer licence lights, and I cannot use those. I am beginning to see the trailer light idea. I may go that route.

whiplash889

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
i would try lmc truck the have free books and there a wedsite also

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got mine from LMC truck and they're the same lights they sell at NAPA and in truck stops. They all have the license plate light in the bottom too from what I found. All you have to do is mask that area off, scuff it up, and paint it with some good semi-gloss paint. Mine still looked great 4 years later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB