Rear gate power window auto down upgrade video demo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So how does it sense when the glass is down all the way? Does it sense the load of not being able to travel any further? I ask because on mine, it seems that when the tracks and regulator get dirty, the window is much slower to go down than up. Would that trick it into thinking the glass is down?

Also, is it auto-down when using the key switch in the tailgate too?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Auto down is also activated with the key switch-it and the dash switch are wired in parallel. The way the solid state module sensing when the glass is fully seated is by a sudden rise to infinite resistance-there is a latching IC that maintains a set of relay contacts to remain closed until sudden resistance is met then it releases thereby opening the relay coil contacts and shutting the control relay off. Obviously too you must maintain an excellent ground for the rear gate. Why GM didnt just design a reverse polarity motor for it I cant understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20