Rear AC Blower Motor/Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creich68

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Burban
Engine Size
Happy Saturday everyone!

My rear AC fan was rubbing the plastic housing. Took it apart to inspect and it looked like the fan motor shaft had some side to side play in it. One side had a push nut/clip but the other side did not. Took it out and installed a push nut/clip on the side that was missing to take the play out. Reinstalled and turned the fan on to see if I put the fan cages on the right direction (which I didn't - good thing I checked) but the fan still makes an audible grumble on low and high. I think a bushing/bearing inside the motor is on it's way out as well (might be the cause of the side to side play).

Anywho - would anyone have a spare rear ac motor/fan their willing to sell? I can order one from LMC, but I'm thinking I'll have to wire it in. No biggie, but I don't think the aftermarket motors have the factory plug included.

creich68

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Burban
Engine Size
Well after a little more researching, I found an AutoZone hub not too far away that had one on the shelf for $35. Also had the factory plug/connections surprisingly, rather than bare pigtails.

Tech Tip - triple check the orientation of your fan cages. After installing the new motor and buttoning everything up, I noticed one side was putting out more air volume than the other. I pondered that for a few mins, then shined the flashlight at the cages. One was backwards :banghead: . Learn from my mistake - triple check the rotation arrow on the fan cage before closing everything up. On the bright side, I'm nearly a Nascar pit crew on taking the rear ac apart and putting back together. This last time took me just under 30 mins to disassemble, pull the fan out, reinstall fan, button everything up, and put tools away lol

consti2tion

Reaction score
First Name
Cw
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Good to know that AutoZone actually had a rear blower motor in stock!

It's amazing how fast you get taking the rear ac apart when you've done it a few times. Causes neck pain after awhile :Stupid Me:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005