Rancho lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnieb

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 Goodwrench/replaced 6.2
I picked up an 85 K10 short bed truck and trying to figure out what lift it has, The rancho springs on front are the 86206 but they also have a 1" block under them?? Also the blocks in the rear are 4" but the springs have overloads on them. The question is did someone just add the 1" blocks on front then put the overloads on to level it or do the 86206 front springs come with the additional 1" blocks? Thanks

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I would want to take the front apart and look at the blocks, it's possible they are 1" add-a-leafs. They will have a rounded edge on the top edges if they are. They're used to relocate an axle forward or back up to 1.5". The number you gave means they are soft ride springs. I don't think they have a 1" block on them.

johnnieb

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 Goodwrench/replaced 6.2
I took the overloads off this morning and it looks like what they did is wound them down to get 1" more lift in the rear, so after I removed them I decided that the 1" block in the front was just a cheap way to get a little more lift. After removing all this B/S it sure rides good now!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceyman72