Power Windows / Blower Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here are pics of the driver side that I have tore apart with the door panel off, and the plastic kick panel removed. I'd have to pull the cluster out to show you the connector under the dash, but it does look like the same as the passenger side and it's behind the cluster. Also notice the guy cut the door with tin snips to gain access inside the door. Again, Deeta Dee !!! No problem though, the carpet trim covers it thank god. Some people shouldn't be allowed to play with tools at all !!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I need to get a PW/PL wiring harness...

Sent from my ass via Fart-A-Talk.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If I had a spare, it'd be yours. But I am robbing the good one I have to put in the the K1500 that the PO butchered. At least the door harnesses. When it comes down to it, I might end up having the cab portion. Now where or how it connects to the fuse block, I don't know yet. I'm sure I'll figure it out the more I get that K10 cab stripped for parts for the other 3 trucks.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'll find one...:waytogo: I saw a few reg cabs with it at the junkyard and it was all intact. There's two pink wires that hook into the fuse block for power. The later ones are marked for power accessories and colour coded for the connector(s).

I also need to get a keyless entry box so i can add that to my truck too...

My problem is the truck was never built for power accessories so I have no idea if the passthru is there in the kick panel. I know there is no hole for the rubber tube that goes from the door to the cab...I need to figure out the size of that and get a hole saw to make a hole. :shitsweak:

Or find a new cab...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Here are some pics of the power window/locks door wiring harness, it's routing and where they connect under the dash to the main interior harness.

This is how I got the truck. Crappy paint job on the door panels, window switches removed and the connector to the switch cut off with spades crimped on. DUHHH, I can fix it !!! Deeta Dee !!!
attachment.php

Here is where the wiring harness goes thru the boot between the door and the cab, then the grommet to get thru the kickpanel and under the dash.
attachment.php

And this is where the passenger side door harness connects to the cab wiring harness under the dash behind the glove box.
attachment.php
DUUUUUDE, EPIC INFO!!!! :High 5:

My driver's side harness has a broken wire for the driver's front door lock. :shitsweak:

Did you try pulling that harness out yet? Is it a real bitch to snake through the kick panel? It looks like a bitch. That grommet that goes into the kick panel hole, is that tight on he harness? Like molded? What I mean is, the only way yo pull the harness is inside the cab right, not through the door?

:popcorn:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
IIRC, it's pretty tight. The grommet is a little stiff, but I think flexible enough you should be able to push it thur either side, but I chose to come inside with it cuz I didn't want to get stuck between the 2 layers of kick panel. the outer skin and the inner skin. Not sure there is enough room in there for the big grommet. I'll take more pics when I get the bad harness out of the door and cab, and a pic of the doner before I install it. It is a little work, but I'd rather do it this way and have it like OEM rather than just cut the plug off the donor, then crimp it on the butchered harness. I don't like tacky looking wiring, even if it is hidden.

Last edited:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
manual to power doors

is it pretty easy to swap out my hand crank windows for some power windows and locks? just bolt and wire up or is more hassle than its worth?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm not sure if the cab harness has the plug ins for models with non OEM models or not. If they do, then it's as easy as buying power doors, bolt them on, run the door harness into the door jamb then plug it into the harness under the dash and away you go. Again, that's if the cab is pre wired in the harness with pw/pl provisions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Villano