Post your experiences buying auto parts from summit racing and other places

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I ordered a fuel injection kit for my truck last week. Found it $75 cheaper or so on Amazon, but it wasn't Amazon Prime. It still had free shipping, but for me is usually a week delay or so.
For the first time in my life I decided to try the "price match guarantee" and called up Summit Racing. Told them what it was, and that it was on Amazon. In about 20 seconds the guy said, "Sure- I'll match that." And then said it should be leaving the Reno NV warehouse in about an hour. Shipping took 3 days to get here.
And at least with Summit if I do have issues I can always call their tech line to see what input they would have if I run into issues.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've been buying from Summit Racing for >25 years. They have always set the standard for customer service and having your parts in stock. Prices are very good on popular name brand items, and sometimes a bit high on less expensive smaller items. But they will match most other vendors' prices. I live in Texas and typically receive orders in 2-3 days from their Ohio and Georgia warehouses. Most recently it's been 2 days via FedEx, so I can order by 10pm EST on a Wednesday and usually receive my order on Friday. They also have a warehouse in Nevada to service the western US.

I've never had a problem with Jeg's, but find their website a little harder to navigate. They ship fast, too.

As for quality, most of the Summit-branded parts are great, and many are supplied to them by name brand manufacturers. But I have seen a few cheaply made smaller parts like bolts and gaskets. The good news is they'll stand behind them and pay for return shipping.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I LOOOVE racing guys that rep Summit stickers because I know I'll win. Most times it wasn't even worth the gas.
Oh you has an Edelbrock ANYTHING? I like your Summit sticker! Sure, I'll run ya. How much you got in your pocket?

Jegs knows it too, they have class.

Note the commonality of the Summit guy's posts?They speak of returning stuff.
Summit has superior advertising, I'll give em that. Like Edelbrock...

I'm not a racer, but buying from Summit or displaying the sticker doesn't make a truck slower, unless the vastly superior Jeg's sticker has less aero drag.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
love em

Latest posts