Post your experiences buying auto parts from summit racing and other places

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
oh yea I did have a bad experience with summit, forgot about it.....

I ordered one of their alum. radiators for my monte carlo, said it was a 31x19 rad. Said overall, well it had raised fins on top and bottom that stuck up about 3/4 inch, it was over 20 inches tall overall in the middle, hood would not shut, let alone a fan shroud on it, and I had a 4 inch cowl that had extra clearance up front, only option was cut the fins off or cut up the rad support, so I called them, they said send it back, said they'd pay the shipping, well they did not, the person I got on the phone that time said they don't pay shipping back unless it's their fault. Like above mislabeled or something. I tried to tell them it was their fault, saying it was 31x19 when it was alot taller then 19. They shrugged it off and were llke eh sorry. I honestly don't know if they said they were sorry or not.

I was really mad on that one.

Never stopped me from ordering again though, I bought my cowl hood from them, the most expensive thing I ever bought from a company. Well from anywhere besides buying a car or wheels. I paid around $600 or so total shipped, and my cragar ss wheels came from them too, they cost around $500 for everything shipped, lugs, centers, valves everything.

I need new set of lugs for the 2500. Maybe I'll check there lugs out sometime.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
they got good deals on complete lug sets. I've bought several sets from them, with lock lugs for each wheel a key and valve stems too. Usually run around $20-30 for a 5 lug setup, 6 lug or 8 lug is a bit more.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
they got good deals on complete lug sets. I've bought several sets from them, with lock lugs for each wheel a key and valve stems too. Usually run around $20-30 for a 5 lug setup, 6 lug or 8 lug is a bit more.

I have 8 lug setup.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've always had good luck from Summit and Jegs....Never had any problems with their parts, and I used both of them exclusively on the small block we built up for the 442....I ordered some new centercaps for the Welds from Summit a while back, and I will say that their shipping is quick!...Took 2 days from time of order until they were on my doorstep...........

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I have also ordered things from raybuck, great prices and fast shipping, good quality replacement panels too. They were one of if not THE first to carry gas tank brackets for these trucks, not just straps. They are also the only ones I know who have the bed cross sills for fleetsides too.
Reeeaaallllyy? :hmm:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
National Tire & Wheel - Excellent place for offroad tires, wheels, lift parts, accessories and more. Simple site to navigate, but part descriptions are seriously lacking. They are in my home state so naturally order time is fast. Main drawback is I have to pay state sales tax when ordering. Sign up for their email newsletter and get weekend deals that include 10% or more discounts on some parts, and occasionally free shipping on orders over $***. I would definitely recommend this vendor, but shop around, you might find a better deal closer to your house.
Did you buy tires from them? My brother got his wheels and tires from there. 38" Super Swampers and aluminum rims. Shipped to the house.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Did you buy tires from them? My brother got his wheels and tires from there. 38" Super Swampers and aluminum rims. Shipped to the house.

Sure did. 38" TSL Bias, as well as other lift parts.

FresnoK5er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had great experiences with Summit. I order something and it's no my doorstep the next day (except if I order it late in the day). Returns have been a breeze too. I had a serpentine belt setup that was missing parts and they hooked me up by sending me what I needed.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I've never had a problem with any company I've bought auto parts from online.

Typically, I'll buy from Jegs before Summit, but, that's usually because Jegs comes up higher in the searches over Summit.

I won't buy from my local speed shops because I WANT them to go under. Of the shops that I know about, I don't like the owners or the employees at any of them. They've either treated me like **** or like I was stupid, so they can KMA.

Besides, they don't have the selection that Advanced has.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've had very good experiences with Summit. Ordered most everything to rebuild the engine in my 85, and never had problems.

Never had any problems with any online site, and i've spent a pretty penny online on these ol trucks

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
i have bought a carburetor and a few other things from them i have to say they have excellent customer service and they are quick to get the parts here and the quality is really good.

jackyrenton

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
v8
When buying auto parts, I usually use summit and had no issues until now. They have a great client service, cheap shipping. No hesitation here ....

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
I have never bought from Summit though I would not hesitate to.

I usually buy "locally" from O'Reilly Auto Parts (lol, I know), Amazon (Prime shipping rocks and their website is the best), and Rockauto (usually a couple cents cheaper than Amazon but shipping isn't fast or free which kills it. Some parts are MUCH cheaper though, and their site is best to check compatibility.)

Often times I will go on Rockauto, find the compatible part numbers, then buy it on Amazon. Yeah, shame on me, but if Rockauto's website didn't suck so much and they offered faster, cheaper shipping I'd shop there more.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I have had good luck with rockauto , summit , jegs , ord , but I have had the worst luck with 4wheel parts. They never have anything in their store , ever and they wont tell you up front unless you ask that your tires will take 6 months to get and when you go into the reno store the counter people suck and their service department in the back sucks as well. If you buy big rubber there you will have to go somewhere else to get your **** mounted because they cant do it , (LAME), I dont buy anything there anymore , (their retail store did me in).

:lazer::gr_guns:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Being in Canada prices from local stores can be extremely high so I have a tendency to orde rmost parts depsite the delay from Rock Auto or Summit Racing.

Up until recently when I needed to order two front tie rods one of which is 54" long and the other is 4" long I had to order from a place differently.

My usual way of ordering is through Rock Auto but this time I went with Summit Racing was $25 cheaper.

So for me both RA and SR have been good but depending on products shop around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taco main chew