Organizational Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Id recommend dry erase on the inside of thr compartment so it cam be changed for next project.
Good point, although for me it should be fine since my next project will be either another square, another truck of some kind, or some complete basket case of a shell to build a traditional hot rod from that would be more putting together than taking it apart :)

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I have a file folder with invoices and anything I may have needed printed out. If I'm just buying parts and waiting to install like i am currently I open the box up make sure the part is correct as best I can, then i seal it back up and label it outside. I have all the parts for my LS swap in a large box with any used or non boxed parts tagged and bagged. Same for my 79 trans am.

I also have a computer folder with pictures and a spreadsheet. The spreadsheets are painful to look at sometimes but can help you keep track of what you bought and how much you spent. Better than going to the box o parts and shuffling everything around. I found that over winter time I would sometimes buy things twice because I thought I needed it. Also gives you a place to keep part numbers written down for when youre doing research. The spreadsheet also has links to related web pages and forum posts for reference or instructions.

84 M1008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1008 K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
Why is that? Are they bad parts? I sell most of my unneeded parts. Most of the time for dirt cheap. Just to make a few bucks and to keep the parts in circulation for those who need them.
It's junk, otherwise I would have saved them.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I do pretty much all of the techniques discussed here; the only strategy I didn't see mentioned is putting the fasteners back where they came from.

So, when possible, after removing a bracket or component I'll stick the bolts back into the vacated threaded holes from whence they came.

If it's just an open hole a lot of times I'll stick the bolt through and put a little masking tape "flag" on the end so it does not pull out.

K

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebob14