Old barn auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old barn auto

Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I have been a chevy truck man since I was little so sorry if I offended anyone, I thought everyone would understand being true truck guys and gals.

Old barn auto

Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Damn. Nice lookin truck ol boy, have a seat.

Thanks for the nice comments on my truck, I got a couple of seats but we are aways from one another. Yes I do want to sell it, my buddy is a member and told me everyone on here truly loves these trucks so I he new have allot of them so I should join the sight.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
This is my recently finished 79 already started on an 84 ton.

That's a great looking truck! And that '75-'76 grille trim sure is an uncommon sight these days too.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That is a very nice truck.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Mr. Clean is an extremely avid automotive enthusiast, as are all the regulars and even irregulars on this site. You do have a very pretty truck, and I, as I'm sure many, would love something like that if it were more proximal, and maybe it is for a certain member or members in the Piedmont, Mid-Atlantic, or eastern Industrial Midwest areas. I think it's simply important for us, increasingly so with tenure, to make sure that information and experience are the chief commerce of this site. Some people do join simply to attempt to liquidate parts or vehicles, and their presence and contribution immediately fizzle out once they succeed or fail, which I find transparent, and I know others do, too, and grow increasingly tired of it. I won't suggest that you just came here to try to sell stuff because that would be a premature and unfair judgement, and you're clearly an adept builder/restorer with a lot of stuff on your hands. The forum is really what you make it. Personally, I like interacting with people who like the same stuff I do. I like to share what I learn, know, or think I know with people who haven't learned it yet, and I like to learn from the folks who are more advanced than me in skill and knowledge. I'm not trying to detract from your thread or ride a high horse, but I'm just saying that whether someone posts about the half a Datsun they own or the two airplane hangars full of antique cars and trucks they own, the collective mindset of the forum is pretty uniform. And I do hope you benefit from and contribute to the forum, as many members do daily. You have a lot of nice stuff to share. Welcome.

Old barn auto

Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
That's a great looking truck! And that '75-'76 grille trim sure is an uncommon sight these days too.
Thanks for the nice comments on the truck, you are right I liked the 75 Silverado grille much better than the 79.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome Old barn auto. I have been a member of this site since it's beginning. When the second question asked is "How do I sell something" usually means they are here to sell and leave. If you would have started off with a little back ground on yourself, like you just posted might have had a different comment. The members on this site are like family. Love some, and not so much others, but still would drink a beer, and stomp some ass with any of them. So once again welcome come in ******** around, most of us have a sense of humor and have thick skin. We are all huge pic ******, like to see progress of any kind, and like to here ways on "not to do things" it sounds like you have some good experience on building trucks. Hopefully you hang out with us, and become the family.

By the way good looking truck...to bad it is a round eye...lol. That is a big topic around here. I'm a firm believer "square body....square eye"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Welcome. Round eye ftw :cheers:

Old barn auto

Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Welcome Old barn auto. I have been a member of this site since it's beginning. When the second question asked is "How do I sell something" usually means they are here to sell and leave. If you would have started off with a little back ground on yourself, like you just posted might have had a different comment. The members on this site are like family. Love some, and not so much others, but still would drink a beer, and stomp some ass with any of them. So once again welcome come in ******** around, most of us have a sense of humor and have thick skin. We are all huge pic ******, like to see progress of any kind, and like to here ways on "not to do things" it sounds like you have some good experience on building trucks. Hopefully you hang out with us, and become the family.

By the way good looking truck...to bad it is a round eye...lol. That is a big topic around here. I'm a firm believer "square body....square eye"

Thanks you for the welcome to the site, and as I told some that yes I do build chevy trucks but also love these trucks. I would never tell anyone what to do I just give my advice, I have been doing trucks and cars for so long that I hope to keep some people from making any of the mistakes I have made cause it's all time, money, and aggravation being avoided. I will try harder to figure all pic and post out in the future. I do have a couple of projects coming up.

Old barn auto

Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Already started on an 84 ton like you said square eye sb I will try to get some pics posted.

Old barn auto

Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size

Thanks you for the welcome to the site, and as I told some that yes I do build chevy trucks but also love these trucks. I would never tell anyone what to do I just give my advice, I have been doing trucks and cars for so long that I hope to keep some people from making any of the mistakes I have made cause it's all time, money, and aggravation being avoided. I will try harder to figure all pic and post out in the future. I do have a couple of projects coming up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paz4x4