Oil pressure sending unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
You must be registered for see images attach

I' cleaning the intake gasket surfaces and was wondering what that is sticking up behind the intake with the rubber cap and wire coming off it? I thought maybe the sending unit for oil pressure gauge? The only gauges that work are my Speedo and aftermarket temperature gauge the po put in. The one in the gauge cluster doesn't work. I've got a wiring nightmare from po I'm afraid when it comes to the gauges. The po has a light switch hooked up for my windshield wipers. Lol.

Also I was wondering what that connector straight up and on the firewall that' not being used is? Maybe for a/c since it' missing the condenser and doesn't work. The heater core is not hooked up either and fan doesn't work. I' not worried about getting the a/c to work right now anyway. Thanks in advance of the input.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
yeh thats your oil sending unit for your gauge. You can test it with an ohm meter. Hook up to the connection the wire hooks up to and connect to the outside of the sending unit and apply pressure. The ohm reading should change. If it doesn't they should be around $10 to replace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns