Oil Pan Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Looking for some input on gasket install
I have a fel pro 1 piece blue rubber gasket should or shouldnt I use any ATV so aid in sealing the pan?
I would like to do it once and be done......
thanks in advance

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Looking for some input on gasket install
I have a fel pro 1 piece blue rubber gasket should or shouldnt I use any ATV so aid in sealing the pan?
I would like to do it once and be done......
thanks in advance

I just put one on my new motor thinking it would be awesome... and it leaks like a sieve from both the front and rear of the oil pan. Not the corners were they will normally leak if you don't put a little dab of silicone, but the actual top of the arch. Thankfully I found this out while breaking the motor in on an engine stand, so its easy to fix before I put it in the truck. I ended up just getting a standard 4-piec cork one since I've had them on the truck before and had no leaks. It's annoying since that I piece deal is super expensive, but reading about it on the innerwebs shows that there are MANY similar stories with that gasket.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I love mine. Seals tight, doesn't leak. Even pulled it off at least once to swap an oil pump back, long story . Anyway no oil leaks. The old 4 piece leaked like crazy but was hardned and past it's life so it might not be a super fair evaluation. Bit in the 15 years I had it , it leaked, and it wasn't original so not sure how old it was. I ended up with a huge leak that I thought was a rear main so I replaced it and resealed the whole bottom and front of the motor. It ended up being the rear oil pan gasket where someone had hoped silicone and it finially gave way. Was leaking a quart of oil every few hundred miles.

Oh and I didn't use any silicone, it's rubber, which is basically what silicone is. The pan holding tab things keep the gasket in place so you don't need to use any to glue it on place. Also use the longer bolts that go with it. It's thicker and requires the new bolts.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just put one on my new motor thinking it would be awesome... and it leaks like a sieve from both the front and rear of the oil pan. Not the corners were they will normally leak if you don't put a little dab of silicone, but the actual top of the arch. Thankfully I found this out while breaking the motor in on an engine stand, so its easy to fix before I put it in the truck. I ended up just getting a standard 4-piec cork one since I've had them on the truck before and had no leaks. It's annoying since that I piece deal is super expensive, but reading about it on the innerwebs shows that there are MANY similar stories with that gasket.
Did you use the correct one? There 2 different ones and you need to measure the gap on your oil pan if I remember right to make sure you have the right one. The round part where is contacts in the front I believe...I think there difference is only like .25" or something.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Used one myself , and I will use one again! Just like what was said , there are 2 different sizes for oil pan at timing chain cover . Mine doesn’t leak a drop . Put silicone on front timing cover and the joints at rear main . Nice design!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus