OBS sub seats in a crew cab??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
So my crew cab has the 3+3 with 2 benchs, and I'm wanting to go to a set up like a blazer or suburban with buckets,center console,and matching rear bench. I'd like to use seats and console out of a 88-98 donor. It seems like the front would be pretty easy since there aren't any humps for the fuel tank up there. Anyone ever attempt anything like this with a crew cab??

KC7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
6.5l twin turbo
im using front buckets console and rear seat out of a 95 burban. it isnt that had to make brackets but due to my floor being really rotted and gone supports i am swapping the floor out of the 95. ya its a bit of work lol

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
The work doesn't bother me. I'm just wondering how much I'm biting off here so to speak. I'm about to have to cut my trans tunnel out for a body drop anyway so I don't think it would be that much more work while I already have that much of the floor hacked out. Just wondering what issues I may run into and if the back seat will even be close to being the right size. I've seen a lot of this done in single cabs but never a crew cab that I can recall.

KC7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
6.5l twin turbo
the back fits pretty good. its slightly narrower than the 80s seats but not enough to notice. there is really no problem with room in these crews even though the cab sees small for a crew

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
Thank you very much KC7. I didn't want to go out and drop the cash on the seats and than hit a wall trying to install them. I don't mind chopping up a floor pan. Just nice to have some insight pre-purchase of parts.

mikieg250

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
bucket seats

I put the buckets in my 82 crew cab from a 89 suburban. I cut the mounting tabs for the front seats form the donor suburban and welded into my truck, then had to drill an extra hole to mount the rear seat bracket.
Have not found an easy way to mount the back seat, it does not match the floor at all.

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
Well I'm about to begin my stock floor body drop now and I'm most likely going to try to go with 4 buckets. Not sure out of what yet, but I'm going to have to raise my trans tunnel and raise the floor for the driveshaft. Thinking about 4 matching buckets and building 1 huge console that goes from the dash to the very back and molds into a sub box. I could even use the console for extra air space if need be. Any recommendations on what buckets to use?? I need something that's abundant, comfortable, and isn't going to cost 500 bucks a seat.

Joeairforce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
6.2L N/A Diesel
So it sounds like your gonna make it look like an H1 inside?

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
Something like it anyway. After I raise the sections of floor for the trans and drive shaft I won't be able to run a bench without raising it up a few inches. If I raise the seats a few inches and loose all of that head room and sit up on the steering column that high I might at well have done a traditional body drop.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well I'm about to begin my stock floor body drop now and I'm most likely going to try to go with 4 buckets. Not sure out of what yet, but I'm going to have to raise my trans tunnel and raise the floor for the driveshaft. Thinking about 4 matching buckets and building 1 huge console that goes from the dash to the very back and molds into a sub box. I could even use the console for extra air space if need be. Any recommendations on what buckets to use?? I need something that's abundant, comfortable, and isn't going to cost 500 bucks a seat.

There is a few Burbs floating around that had quad bucket seats. I don't know if they are built differently between the front and 2nd rows or not. Or if they use different bracketry.

I like the idea of the full length center console, that would be a great way to run some rear 12V power ports for your passengers. And if you really want to get techy with it you can run some rear floor heat and rear window defrost through it too.

I am in the middle of a heater/a-c mod on my burb and I am contemplating running floor heat to the 2nd row seats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising