Non typical shock question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The quad shock thread got me thinking...
My truck will need shocks after I finish it, if for nothing more than aesthetics. Idk if the ones on it are blown or not....because K20 camper special rear springs = 1 ton and virtually no suspension travel driving empty. Front lift I’m pretty sure is Rough Country springs because they feel like they’d be great for a snow plow. Very stiff.
That said I could probably toss the shocks in the garbage and not know they were missing unless I put a load in the bed.
But since that ain’t right, what shocks would be best suited for effectively a 1ton suspension under a daily driver?
Seems HD shocks like bilsteins or stiffer would just hamper the suspension travel I do get by slowing it down even more with the slow stiff valving they have.
I could step up to quick soft valving like an off road type shock but idk if they would do anything against lumber wagon springs.
So just get another cheap set of shocks with shiny paint or is there a specific application that would be best?

Not expecting miracles. Only miracle comes with ditching the ultra stiff spring setup that is on the truck.
Leaning towards the cheapest set that doesn’t have rust, road tar and overspray on them! Actually thought about taping off the rods and just shooting them black with the chassis...lol.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The quad shock “look” up front is inviting but I don’t know if the springs would move at all with 4 shocks holding them back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko