NEW window/lock harness vs OEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've got a pics of the difference between a typical OEM harness you're likely to find vs my NEW upgraded replacement harness. This is for the LH side-

OEM:

This harness is as it was pulled from an 86 K5 and shows broken door lock actuator wiring, 3 splices, broken down foam covering and harness tape unraveling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
New:

What is different on my NEW harnesses are j1128 spec wiring (rated to 275F), full harness wrap enclosed in flame resistant looming AND features a section of abrasion resistant sleeving after the cab grommet where the OEM wires typically crack/break inside the boot.

Also, the window switch connector as well as the lock switch connector feature dip soldered terminals and heatshrinked to prevent breaking of wire strands @ the connector which is a common issue on factory harnesses.

I've had a few PM's about my window/lock harnesses so I thought I'd share some differences between the two. Nobody else offers repro door harnesses and even if someone did, why opt for factory style when there are better materials to use?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That's nice!! :waytogo:

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks! The full vehicle replacement harnesses feature several upgrades over a stock harness but only IF the existing one is so bad that it needs replaced or if somebody is adding power options to a truck not already equipped with them.

Along with full harnesses, you can get them with integrated auto down, up or both as well as power mirror options too. If anybody is in a tear down build, I can equip anybody with a variety of options for plug n play harnesses with an OEM build quality using only USA sourced components!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Thanks! The full vehicle replacement harnesses feature several upgrades over a stock harness but only IF the existing one is so bad that it needs replaced or if somebody is adding power options to a truck not already equipped with them.

Along with full harnesses, you can get them with integrated auto down, up or both as well as power mirror options too. If anybody is in a tear down build, I can equip anybody with a variety of options for plug n play harnesses with an OEM build quality using only USA sourced components!

I wish we'd known each other 10 years ago when my '77 was in pieces LOL

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just curious if you ever do any trading etc? Lol

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sometimes-I don't mind bartering! I have a few things for my 86 which I am looking for:

Front bumper frame extension brackets.

NOS RH front fender

NOS inner fenders

OEM dash with no cracks (color not important-but I need it dark blue)

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I can keep an eye out, but thought I'd ask, I still need to get new motors, and would like to replace the harnesses etc.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well just drop me a line whenever you're ready-I have about a weeks' turn around.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I wish we'd known each other 10 years ago when my '77 was in pieces LOL

My father in laws' 77 GMC is in pieces and that's one of the trucks I'm building....in addition to my 86.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have front bumper frame extensions from 90 suburban if that will work for you

Sometimes-I don't mind bartering! I have a few things for my 86 which I am looking for:

Front bumper frame extension brackets.

NOS RH front fender

NOS inner fenders

OEM dash with no cracks (color not important-but I need it dark blue)

Last edited:

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
Do you do any other harnesses? Specifically the dual tank harness from a 87 up TBI system.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have LSx dual tank harnesses but not for stock TBI tho-the stock setup has a lot more to it than people realize.

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
I have LSx dual tank harnesses but not for stock TBI tho-the stock setup has a lot more to it than people realize.

Engine is a 2004 8.1l/4L80E. Been using the stock tbi harness with an upgraded switching valve to take the pressure. Been working good for several years but now blows fuse that feeds the ECM and Fuel pump relay when on the right tank. Only original style wiring left in the truck is the fuel and door harnesses. Everything else been replaced with painless and Howell efi harnesses.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Engine is a 2004 8.1l/4L80E. Been using the stock tbi harness with an upgraded switching valve to take the pressure. Been working good for several years but now blows fuse that feeds the ECM and Fuel pump relay when on the right tank. Only original style wiring left in the truck is the fuel and door harnesses. Everything else been replaced with painless and Howell efi harnesses.

Ok....well my EFI dual tank kit will work for you then-I'd suggest swapping the entire dual tank harness out so that it's all new and HD from the start. Let me know if you want a kit minus the high pressure valve-I can get one out for you early next week!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub