new transmission, slipping, help diagnosing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankenstien

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
383 CUI
picked it up from the shop this morning, everything is all good, shifting as it should, 1-2 is pretty stout, 2-3 is firm and quick, its too slick to really get on it, but its stalling like it should, everything seems to be working good

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Glad to hear it, sounds like 90% of it was the missing spring in the VB. Also sounds like it was caught before damage to the clutches could happen.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just had him look at it, he said its not backshifting, starting out in 2 or 3 says he thinks its valve body or govenor related

Did you do the dual feeding tricks inside the transmission? I've seen a few Th350's where guys left out the seals and rings, plugged the pump hole and didn't have first gear. I've always avoided doing the dual feeding that way and just used the transfer plate for dual feeding and never had issues that way. Then it's also reversible by just pulling the pan if you decide to take it out.

frankenstien

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
383 CUI
Did you do the dual feeding tricks inside the transmission? I've seen a few Th350's where guys left out the seals and rings, plugged the pump hole and didn't have first gear. I've always avoided doing the dual feeding that way and just used the transfer plate for dual feeding and never had issues that way. Then it's also reversible by just pulling the pan if you decide to take it out.

no tricks, TCI Trans Scat shift shift kit, it has the transfer plate that creates the new circuit.

the only thing i got fancy about is tight clearances on my clutch packs, and materials, koleene steels and red alto clutches, and shift kit. it already had the same shift kit in it, just wanted to refresh it while i had it apart

frankenstien

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
383 CUI
Glad to hear it, sounds like 90% of it was the missing spring in the VB. Also sounds like it was caught before damage to the clutches could happen.

yes, no clutch material in the pan, some pieces fro them initial break that were stuck in the cooler, even after i made an attempt to flush it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood