New owner - need assistance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnbiker727

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4BBL
New owner - need wheel trim ring

Hey folks, I'm new around these parts, and I am a fairly new truck owner. I bought this beauty in July 2012.
You must be registered for see images
It's a 1976 C10 Scottsdale.

I bought it from the original owner, who used it a lot (192,000 miles) and did some restoration work on it ~10-20 years ago (all 4 fenders, motor, paint). I'm getting ready for some paint work on the inside (door panels) and out (tailgate), as well as replacing random worn out parts like door hinge pins, and window weather stripping. Otherwise the previous owner took excellent care of it.

My question for you folks - what style of wheel do I have, and what are the chances I'll be able to buy ONE trim ring to replace the one that's missing? I really don't want to buy a set of 4.
You must be registered for see images

Thanks in advance. I look forward to showing you before and after photos of the work.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You can try looking on ebay for a trim ring. Just search "chevy rally" and you should find one, just pay attention to the photos and make sure it's shaped the same.

And that's what I want my truck to look like!!!

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Scared the crap out of Me, I spent 31 years working on " Omaha Orange " equipment, for the Montana D.O.T. I bet I know about every nut and bolt on and in them rigs, but, only the "orange" ones. :signs8:
Welcome into the forum and, I like Your new pickumup truck.

mtnbiker727

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4BBL
You can try looking on ebay for a trim ring. Just search "chevy rally" and you should find one, just pay attention to the photos and make sure it's shaped the same.

So you think those are rally wheels? LMC truck has different trim rings for rally and non-rally wheels. I can get a single rally trim ring, but only a set of 4 for the non-rally (standard?) wheels.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So you think those are rally wheels? LMC truck has different trim rings for rally and non-rally wheels. I can get a single rally trim ring, but only a set of 4 for the non-rally (standard?) wheels.

Yeah, those are commonly known as Chevy Truck Rallies. I'd offer you a trim ring, but my couple extras are banged up. I'm not sure about LMC's listing, But I personally would look for a good used one, it's hard to beat the fit and quality of an original GM part.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size