New K20 owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyorlo

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
New guy from WV here. My parents have owned many k5 blazers through the years so I'm pretty familiar with the square body trucks.

I just traded my fox body Capri for a 79 K20. The truck has a 350 auto. The frame is pretty rough and the body isn't any better. I have a friend with a 75 k20 2wd roller that he will sell me for a deal. My initial plan was to drop all the 2wd sheet metal on the 4x4 frame but I'm swaying away from that. I've been researching pulling the front suspension from the 4wd and putting it on the 2wd frame.

I will have no problem doing any of the fab work, but I don't want to get into a multiple month project. This truck will be used as a work truck that may get a complete overhaul down the road. I'm going to be building a house within the next year and I need something to haul with.

Being that I will have the trucks side by side to transfer parts, will it still be a nightmare to swap the parts over from one truck to another? I have read threads on multiple forums on the topic. Most guys are trying to piece it together from the junkyard. Just like to get some opinions.

Here's a pic of the 4wd.

You must be registered for see images attach

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site, good luck with the project.

Tonyorlo

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks! I'm looking forward to finally owning and enjoying a square body.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome :boti:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Cool dude, looks like a great truck.
I think side by side would go really fast!?
I understand it is super time consuming / labor intensive to make a 2w a 4w, Lots of help to find here, welcome.

Optional Grille Trim @bucket.

Last edited:

Skid

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Which one? :) 70, 73, 01
Truck Model
K20, C10, 2500HD
Engine Size
292 L6, 5.3 LS, 6.0 LS
Sounds like you have everything you need!

Tonyorlo

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies! Yeah I'm still on the fence about doing it. I will measure everything about 20 times before I do anything, I just don't want to crate something that I will never be able to get aligned properly.

I started a thread in the Suspension forum. Hopefully I get some constructive comments and not so many negative ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dynoh350